Let's see you favorite or unique Board Games

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Weasel640, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I don't really see any other thread dedicated to Board Games so here we go...

What are some of the Board Games that you all really like and/or are unique that you play? Show them off!

I recently picked up this lot on eBay (at a pretty good price), and I'm pretty excited about getting it.
    Games1.jpg

The one I'm most excited about is the Travel Shut the Box. I like playing this game to pass time and showing it to the kids the come over for family events. It's a simple game that requires just the slightest bit of thought. It's not common to see families in the U.S. with a Shut the Box game set, let alone a Travel set.
    Games2.jpg

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I loved Twister, but I must say, I'm a little too old to play it again!!

Weasel640, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Here's my old Scrabble board...
    SOTD_011315.jpg

Primotenore, Weasel640 and PLAla like this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Pretty fancy, but how did Pigpen get in there?

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Paul. That was my avatar when I first joined TSD. I placed a high value on my grooming regimen in those days. :D

Paul Turner likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

was a monopoly guy.,crib and yahtzee.haven t seen or played them in years...

Weasel640 likes this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Abalone
    700308L.jpg
    Great game!

Weasel640 likes this.
  8. mvd

mvd Well-Known Member

These are the ones on the shelf we grab the most

220px-Ticket_to_Ride_Board_Game_Box_EN.jpg 81mrDTRGR7L._SX425_.jpg pandemic-1.jpg

Weasel640 likes this.
  9. Weasel640

So since posting this, these game still have not arrived. I'm kinda bummed about that but still excited to be getting them.

The USPS in their infinite wisdom is apparently touring the Globe with my games. They shipped from New York City, and took a trip to Anchorage Alaska where they hung out for a while. They just entered back into the Continental U.S., passing through Seattle Washington. I wonder how long it'll take, and where else they will visit before getting to their final destination of Arizona...

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

We have a late 1930s Qubic game, first edition I think. Basically 3D checkers.

[​IMG]

Primotenore, Enrico and Weasel640 like this.
  11. Weasel640

12. Weasel640

Well finally got them on Thursday after over two weeks. They were sent ground so made the trip slowly. Here is their itinerary: New York City, Anchorage Alaska, Seattle Washington, Denver Colorado, Phoenix Arizona, Tucson Arizona, and finally Sierra Vista Arizona. Talk about 'Travel Games', the USPS took that to heart....

Just got 363, but didn't add it to the 'Hall Of Frame' cause it's not as high as my best at 373. I'm 'ERICCAT' on there, not 'WEASEL', that was already taken. I wonder who this 'Mr. D' is who's is edging his score up ever so slowly...
    http://www.blueorangegames.com/doub.../view_hall_of_fame.php

13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

This is my favorite as well.

wristwatchb likes this.