Lifetime supply of AquaVelva?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ZackPomerleau, Jul 19, 2012.

1. ZackPomerleau

ZackPomerleau Active Member

Well, not really. But I just got in the mail six coupons for AquaVelva ($1 off). I'm pretty excited. AND I got a slant today.

2. Rafen

Rafen Member

I actually just used Aqua Velva for the first time today and it's amazing! I hope you enjoy your coupons and also congratulations on the slant. What slant did you get?

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If I remember right, Zack got a new Merkur slant. Last I heard he was not happy with the plating and was going to see if he could return or exchange it.

4. Rafen

Rafen Member

Man that's too bad. :( I hope he can exchange it for something else. Thanks for the heads up also.

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I was reading in Chet Bakers autobiography where he says when he was in the Army, and was being shiped overseas, cats were drinking Aqua-Velva mixed with fruit juice...He said they got fired up and fights would break out...and some cats went blind...ha,ha,ha....I nearly went blind the first time I used it as an after shave....I splashed it on a little heavy....got weak in the knees...lol

Wish I could get some around here...I haven't smelled it in so long...I miss it...

6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

7. Rafen

Rafen Member

After putting it on my face and feeling how it felt, there is now way that I would even drink it. Haha It almost made me weak in the knees but man did it feel cold.

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah guys....Chets story is funny....but don't forget he said and I quote:...some of the guys mixed Aqua-Velva and fruit juice. Everyone was getting loaded and fighting. SOME WENT BLIND FROM THE NOXIOUS AFTERSHAVE MIXTURE.....unquote
    Still cracked me up...lol...

9. ZackPomerleau

Hey guys, the Merkur is nice and its all good now. Just beware it's not an old Gillette. I still believe these Slants will last a long while with care. Don't throw it or use it as a hammer or something stupid!

10. Rafen

Rafen Member

Well that's good to hear! :D

11. ZackPomerleau

So did the original AquaVelva not include menthol? I'm assuming because I see they have "Original and Menthol." I couldn't imagine AquaVelva without menthol!

12. Rafen

Rafen Member

I don't think mine has menthol in it. :think002:

13. ZackPomerleau

Which one is it? Ice Blue definitely does.

14. Rafen

Rafen Member

Yeah it's the Ice Blue. I think menthol is the reason I want to use that stuff everyday it feel amazing :D

15. ZackPomerleau

Gotta be! If you're into menthol try SkinBracer, it rules!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Skin Bracer is nice, but it has nothing on Osage Rub.:Animatedfrozensmily:

ZackPomerleau likes this.
  17. ZackPomerleau

If SkinBracer hadn't any menthol I'd still get it, I just love the scent.

18. kosby

kosby New Member

Two of the things I really like, Ice Blue and a 37c

19. 5Savages

5Savages Well-Known Member

I'll have to try Aqua Velva some day. I don't even know what it smells like. I bought some Brut a while back and didn't like it at all. I ended up throwing the bottle away and gave up on the "classics" for a while.

20. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

You might want to try Aqua Velva Ice Sport. To me, it's a bit more subtle than Ice Blue.