lightfoot Shave Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PhilNH5, Nov 9, 2010.

1. PhilNH5

PhilNH5 Member

I was at the Vermont Country Store and picked up Lightfoot shave soap. It is a pine scented shave soap.

I did a search and did not find much. A few passing references.
    I have been using the soap for two weeks now. My go to soap is Truefitt and Hill. I pay$17 for that. The lightfoot can be had for $5 here: http://www.kalastyle.com/detail.php?item_id=20
    In fact there website name is on the box of soap.

I love the scent of this. Outdoorsy, woodsy, masculine (Can a man who says woodsy be a judge of masculinity:D). It is the first soap I have actually liked the smell of. All of the luxury bars i get in sandalwood as it is the least offensive to me.

The Lightfoot is a good soap. It lathers well. The razor glides across. Sometimes I need to reapply soap to the brush to make it through the 4 passes I use. I am not sure why this is only occasionally.

The soap is (obviously) not as good as the T&H. But it is better than Williams which I fine drying. It is as good as Casswell Massey and the one Art of Shaving puck I bought ($27 wow).The only other soap I tried is Crabtree and evelyn which I give a nod to as better than this.
    I like the traditional soaps better so I don't knw how to rank the VDH against the lightfoot.

But for 5 bucks I would defintely recommend this.

Phil

For 5 bucks

2. CSL

CSL Member

For me, it made kind of a thin lather so I only used it a couple of times before switching to something else.

Nice smell, though.