Liked Proraso White Cream So Much I Tried Blue & Red

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Bill G, May 12, 2017.

1. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

IMG_5058.JPG

I finally got around to giving the Proraso Blue & Red shave creams in the tube a try. I find Them both like the White to be an excellent shave cream for me and really like all of them a lot. All of the creams lathered up easy and made a nice shave cream with minimal effort (add water as needed to lather bowl while whipping).

I like the White & Blue creams feel and performance the best followed just slightly behind by the Red. I really like the scent of the Blue cream also the Red is nice to (the White has a scent of its own and I find it pleasant as well).

I tried the Green Proraso products a while back, great performer but just don't care for the scent at all. I found the Green to be medicinal smelling for me.

I was already a big fan of the Proraso pre shave cream in white great stuff and the Red pre shave is not to bad either but like the Whites performance and feeling on the skin better. Now with the shave cream products combined I have found that all performs great for me (very pleased the Proraso products).

Happy Shaves All,
    Bill G

2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I never tried the White cream but I have the soap version and all the other "colors" which I think are super - even the Green is nice, to me.

RaZorBurn123, Demidog and Bill G like this.
  3. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I personally like the White cream in the tube better than the soft soap in the tub myself. I think it whips up to a nicer product out of the tube, but that's just me. Both products are very good in my opinion. Yes, the Green is very good but just to much eucalyptus for my taste.

JEFF,
    I agree totally all the Proraso products are super..

Great Shaves My Friend,
    Bill G

RaZorBurn123, crackstar and Demidog like this.
  4. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I sampled all four a few months back and then I ended up buying all four creams. They are all amazing. Blue and white are my top picks with red following very closely behind. Even though I'd rank green in fourth place, it's still a 10/10 for me.

Although blue and white are the ones that I use most, my preference changes every few days. Some days I wake up and red is my favorite. My only complaint about Proraso is that they don't offer a blue pre-shave or a blue splash. There are three new creams on the market now if you're interested but I haven't tried them. The new scents also come as aftershave balms, beard oils, colognes, and a few other products. I bought two of the colognes and they smell great.

RaZorBurn123 and Bill G like this.
  5. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

Yes, I to wish they made the pre shave cream in the Blue. So for now I just use the White pre shave cream with the Blue shave cream.

Also good to hear you like some of there new scents.

Happy Shaves,
    Bill G

RaZorBurn123 and Demidog like this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I do enjoy the Green cream (C.O.Bigelow), have and enjoy both White & Red tubbed soaps. The Green Refresh Lotion is light on scent but gives a nice face feel.
    Can you describe the scent of Blue?

RaZorBurn123, Demidog and Bill G like this.
  7. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I like the red cream in the tube. Squeeze a bit directly on any of my brushes and face lather. Very good stuff.
    Nice equipment btw @Bill G

8. Bill G

Bill G Well-Known Member

I am not sure how to describe the scent of the Blue Proraso cream. It does have a real fresh smell to it with the Aloe in it. I do not really know how to describe it but some have said on other reviews it has a slight licorice sort of smell. I did not really pick that up in the scent myself.

Happy Shaves,
    Bill G

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    RyX, RaZorBurn123 and Demidog like this.
  9. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I've only tried Proraso green and red. I really enjoyed the red and have a tup of it in my inventory.

10. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I never got any licorice with the blue either. It smells closest to an amber scented soap that I have but still quite a bit different. It's a very unique scent that's tough to describe for someone who isn't familiar with a lot of fragrances.

When I first smelled it, I thought that it smelled almost exactly like oil paint with a bit of sweetness to it. That made me regard it as an artsy scent. I am very familiar with fennel, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think that fennel is closely related to anise and licorice. However I don't get anything similar to fennel from the blue cream.

11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Blue is my favorite. Red is a close second. To me, the Blue smells kind of aquatic. I don't get licorice which is good because I hate licorice.

12. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I love Proraso red myself. I have both the soap and after shave it's a great Sandalwood scent but not too earthy there's a sweetness to balance it out. My wife is a huge Sandalwood fan so I'm glad this works for both of us. I had some Cremo Sandalwood it smelled great but caused my sinuses to go nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demidog and RyX like this.