Lilac Vegetal smells like...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by thevez2, Jun 13, 2011.

1. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

VICTORY!!!

Let me explain. In the Air Force we have to take a physical fitness test every 6 months. Passing score is 75 out of 100 points. If you score above 90 points you don't have to take it again for a year (A nice incentiive to do well).

So today I scored 90.9 and to celebrate my triumph after my shower I applied a healthy dose of The Veg. Now I am very happy and I smell great!

Rock The Veg!

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Master's Lilac Vegetal smells wonderful, while Pinaud's version smells like s&%#t.

3. thevez2

You are confusing your Lilacs!

Pinaud's is Lilac Vegetal, Master's is Lilac Vegetol.

I have used both, and both smell similar, Master brand is a bit sweeter. Have you tried Pinaud LV out of a glass bottle? It makes all the difference.

Your opinion is noted. :D

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Congrats on your score. Well done.

About the LV, I think it smells like a few day old cat box.

Shotwell likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Congrats on your score!

I'm not sure I want to be trying that if Dale's right on smelling like a used cat box. Does it smell like that in the bottle or just with your body chem?

6. thevez2

The big fuss with LV is, it doesn't smell quite right out of a plastic bottle. When they switched from glass to plastic, they reformulated it to account for the plactic. They got it wrong. Some claim it smells like Cat Pee.

Simple solution, decan't your LV into a glass bottle and let it sit for a couple weeks. It smells much better like that. All I smell is lilac goodness.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

Right on, good to know. I've had my eye on some VTG new stock in the glass bottle.

8. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

:DForgot to say congrats on the score, I still don't like the Pinaud version, but like everything else of theirs that I've snorted.

9. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Snorting it might hurt a little bit... Not too sure how alcohol on your lungs feels. :D

Boojum1 likes this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Congrats on passing the test! What are they using now? Back when I was in (1980-2000) they were still trying to get the bike test approved.

11. thevez2

Thanks!

1.5 mile run - 60 pts
    Abdominal Measurement - 20 pts
    Push-Ups (1 minute) - 10 pts
    Sit-ups (1 minute) - 10 pts

I don't believe bike is an option anymore. It was a few years back. Now if you are on a profile and can't run, there is a walk test that you can do.

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Didn't figure the bike would last.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Minor correction, please pardon it.

14. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Congratulations on the score.

It’s nice that there are some who can appreciate the scent of Pinaud’s Lilac Vegetal. I tried to like it, I wanted to like it, I felt my life would be incomplete if I didn’t enjoy wearing the veg... and yet, I failed. That stuff smells like an alley cat’s territory marker and gives me a headache when I get within 10 feet of an open bottle of it.

Again, well done on the high score.

Shotwell likes this.
  15. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Member

victory!

16. Alucard

Alucard New Member

I loved it, but ran out. Where can I get it in glass bottle?

17. thevez2

The only place you're going to find it in a glass bottle is if you find an old stock one in an antique store or on ebay. I take my plastic bottle of LV and decant it into a glass bottle. I'm not sure what it is about the plastic bottle, but it makes the Veg stink. The glass bottle smoothes it out and makes it great.

18. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

It smells like lilacs on a warm summer day mixed with talcum powder.
    Very dapper. Very debonaire.

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Or very diaper. Very derriere. Depending on the nose. :D

richgem and Shotwell like this.
  20. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

Harrumph!! Well, at least my cats still love me unconditionally!! :cool: