Lilac Vegetal smells like...

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by thevez2, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I don't get all the cat piss references. Not even a trace. In the bottle it smells like alcohol and a little bit old salady, but on the skin it smells like powder and lilacs. Great stuff! I have masters vegetol and no comparison. Pinaud LV is so much better. Cat pee? Diapers? Litter box? You from mars? Just kidding, although maybe not lol. That's why I picked that tag name, because I just don't get it, it smells great!

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

On me, the cat pee smell faded but never totally went away. It would have been detectable by others, were they close enough. You're just one of the fortunate ones, is all. Matter of individual chemistry.

That said, I've sampled a genuine (vintage, '50s) high end ladies' lilac perfume and, while similar, was FAR superior to LV. Far too flowery for a man to wear, of course, but had none of the stink LV imparts.

If you can wear it, enjoy it!

3. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yechhhhhhhhhhhh, I cannot stand the smell of Lilac Vegetal. Neither can Madame. :sick007

4. mwleach58

mwleach58 Active Member

"Do you smell that? It's Lilac Vegetal, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Lilac Vegetal in the morning. It smells like victory."

EzraCobb likes this.
  5. Indeed! Fabulous old time barber shop scent!

6. ShaveAddict

ShaveAddict Member

I like Lilac Vegatal but wouldn't wear to go out , it's not much a scent that everyone likes.

7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Way to go and a great way to celebrate.
    Thank you for serving.

8. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Thanks, I thought so too!

9. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

Howdy! One question I have about LV. I bought a bottle along with a couple of other after shaves the other day. Is there something that could be added to LV to make it more acceptable as an after shave? I will transfer mine to a glass container to see if that helps. I remember my grandfather had some in a bottle that seemed to last a long time. Anyway, if you think of something or know of something specific to add to LV, please share it. Always, Gene

10. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Resurrecting this old thread... because I searched for "Lilac Vegetal smells like cat p*ss".

Just got my order from Amazon of the "Veg". I opened it, thinking how wonderful it was that you could order something you've been wanting to try (because you've heard so much about it) and have it delivered to your doorstep in just two days.

Then I opened the bottle. And realized I could have saved two whole days and $6.00 if I had just dusted myself with the used cat litter I took out last night.

I tried putting some on my arm, to see if the dry-down helped at all. Well, it got rid of some of the immediate recoil-inducing *stench* that was exuded by the alcohol base evaporating and taking the veg scent with it. But the nasty odor still lingers on my arm, and I can't wait to wash it off... except I had to type this first. Priorities. Maybe I can save some poor soul who is at this very moment considering ordering the "Veg". :prrr:

It doesn't smell good. Not at all. It does remind me of something besides cat pee, though: It reminds me of a men's locker room at a golf course. Probably because I've often seen the Clubman stuff on the wash basin at many a golf course. But to me, it's reminiscent of the smell of the locker room, when you walk in and there are occupied stalls. I feel like I should be holding my breath because the guy in front of me just blew out the bathroom. It smells like a urinal cake. It smells like a diaper. I imagine people like Hume Cronyn or Walter Matthau smelling like this, when they were alive, and probably afterwards, too.

I do not like the smell of Lilac Vegetal. In case that wasn't already clear. Cannot wait until the end of November to come, when I have been here 90 days and can trade or sell this stuff to someone who actually likes it.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I like the stuff. YMMV. ;)

12. Shotwell

Shotwell Well-Known Member

Yes, yes, I know MMMV. LOL. So it is with so many things.

I'm still searching for some scents I like, or at least can live with. So far, most of the traditional drug-store brands have fallen short.

13. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

...the Hungarian Cavalry exiting a brothel.

Shotwell and markjnewcomb like this.
  14. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

The Veg smells great! I'm going to use it Monday now with Ozark Mountain. It evens out wonderfully.

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I wanted to try it, almost pulled the trigger on an order. but after reading this idk.
    for years as a police officer, I warned folks that there were two things I could not stand.
    drunks who puke
    and cat p!55

mangled persons, bloody crime scenes, autopsies, decomposition aromas, cs/cn gas
    all those while not pleasant, were part of the job.
    but drunks puking made me gag
    and cat urine oh no
    I'm gonna smell this stuff before I order.
    thanks guys,
    thats two on the no order list;
    the veg
    tabac

Mr. Shaverman and VedderLG like this.
  16. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

:happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097::happy097:

Kilgore Trout likes this.
  17. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

A sweet creation with fragrant notes of lilac with a floral accord, softened with a warm musk accord.

• Instantly cools, tones, refreshes the skin with an invigorating tingle...
    • Gives skin a smooth, comfortable feeling...
    • All-over body freshener to splash on freely after bath or shower...
    • Old fashioned barber shop smell...
    Now, Pinaud wouldn't lie, would they?:)

18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

how did the interview go?

19. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

No interview yet, but I have my inside sources softening them up!

20. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

The Veg does come in handy, I discovered, by inhibiting rodent infestation.
    A few sprinkles of The Veg around a suspected rodent entry point into our house ensured no more unwanted intruders.

Only problem is now, male cats keep coming by and spraying the same location....

Kilgore Trout and Shotwell like this.