LIME!!!

Discussion in 'Scents' started by rodd, Feb 21, 2008.

1. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got a sampler from Trumpers, and fell in love with the extract of limes skin food, and the lime shave cream. I would have never guessed lime would be the scent I would like so much. I am wondering if anyone has any advice on any good lime scented products, (soap, cream, aftershave, cologne) that hold their scent for more than 5 minutes, and that I don't have to spend a lot of money on. Thinking about trying Booster Iced Lime, but can't find a review. Also thought about the lime Old Spice AS from TSD store, but was unsure if that was an Old Spice scent with a hint of lime, or just lime. Any other lime lovers out there? Seriously, I have no idea why I dig it as much as I do...

2. mantic

mantic U TOOB

Castle Forbes Limes shave cream. Obscenely expensive but its like shaving with key lime pie. :D

--Mark

3. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Taylor's No. 74 Victorian Lime EDT is the only lime scent that has any staying power for me. I think the best pure lime scent is Floris Limes, but it doesn't seem to last very long on my person. :mad:

Jordan

4. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

The lime scent that JoAnna uses at The Shave Den Store for soaps and creams is fantastic as well! :cool:

5. Sailinblues

Sailinblues Well-Known Member

+1 :)

6. sparky5693

sparky5693 Administrator Staff Member

Administrator
    The lime old spice is just lime, and not "old spice with lime".

I'm also a huge fan of lime. Lime can go in several different directions. There is the "tart lime" that I can best describe as lime sherbert (T&H), there is the woodsy lime (trumper), and the "lollipop lime" (TSD). Maybe this can help steer you towards more lime creams to your liking.

The old spice lime is a woodsy type, although trumper is my absolute favorite lime scent. If you're undecided on what to try next, you could always order samples from the TSD store. You haven't mentioned it, but our godrej lime cream is killer too. I think it outperforms all the commercial creams (except the tsd soap IMHO) i've mentioned so far, but I prefer the old spice to the godrej, if we're just talking scent (but it's close).

7. johnniegold

johnniegold New Member

I do enjoy the Trumpers Lime as well. Other favorites include:

Royall Lyme
    Booster Iced Lime aftershave

8. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

I’m probably in a minority on this, but, I like the smell of Col. Conk’s lime shave soap.

I also like Casswell-Massey’s Lime aftershave lotion; to bad it’s so expensive.

9. xChris

xChris Member

I also like SCS Lime shaving cream -- yummy.

10. Hi there,
    I've tried maybe 8- 10 lime soaps and creams and I'd have to say JoAnna's is the best I've sniffed. I even prefer it to CF, since it's not quite so intense. I can use her lime soap 3-4 days in a row, which I couldn't do with CF. Smells like the perfect lime scent to me, and her soap works as well as Colleen's for me. That is saying a fair bit.
    Try a sampler from JoAnna and see what you think.
    Martin

11. Kingpepper

Kingpepper Active Member

Limes I've tried; Pirate's Cove soap and KMF Keylime cream. Both are nice. Also, I melted a very old Colgate soap and added some EO lime to it. Smells great and makes tons of lather!

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Thank you all very much! This is exactly the information I was looking for.

13. Kurt

Kurt Member

QED Fresh Lime

This is the best I have tried it is awesome!

Kurt

14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Oh, my God, Bobby--the lime Old Spice cream is to die for! I LOVE that scent! :drool :drool

15. Austin

Austin Member

I agree with Jordan.

16. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

I got some SCS lime in the mail yesterday. I love the scent. I think I have gone in to the den 4 times now just to take another whiff. Shaved with it for the first time this morning, and could not be happier with it. I just need to pick up some of that old spice lime to go with it now. :D

17. VetsJetsnGuns

VetsJetsnGuns Need love... will pay.

I got some T&H Limes the other day and tried it for the first time. I was a fantastic lime explosion. This scent was amazing. (IMO, so far, T&H makes the most awesomestest shave creams.)

and the 'woodsy' description from above is very good way to describe it.

18. Monkey

Monkey New Member

The only thing this thread has done for me is made me want to try all of these limes :ashamed001

I'm a lime fanatic too... and I guess my preference would fall in the the "woodsy" category. But that may be due to my first experience with Limes being from the Trumpers sample packs.

How would you guys classify the QED, Royall, the Floris, and the Taylors 74?

19. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

I have not tried the others, but I really liked Taylors Victorian Lime 74... I wished it had more staying power. This thread has me thinking....

20. likwidoxigen

likwidoxigen New Member

I am in love with the Tryphon Lime cream and Green Lime shaving soap. They are absolutely fantastic. I can't suggest them enough!