Loading an injector . . .

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ThePossum, Feb 26, 2010.

1. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

Need some help here. Just got a couple vintage injectors. A G1 and a Stick Schick. Having a devil of a time trying to load a Pella Injector blade into either one.

I insert the injector dispenser into the razor and move the little slider toward the razor. Unfortunately the blade does not slip into the razor like it is supposed to. Just stops and the slider eventually just goes right over top of the blade without doing any blade insertion.

Seems like the razor is not opening up as it should or the dispenser does not line up with the slot where the blade goes. I have managed to twist and turn the razor and the dispenser somewhat and the blade goes in about 1/2 of the way and then stops. I have to remove the dispenser and then lightly pound the blade the rest of the way into the razor.

I hope there is someone who can help with this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. desertrat

desertrat New Member

I have the same issue with the pella injectors. Not sure if it does the blade any good but I load my blades carefully into an old Schick brand injector and then it works like a charm. I have read somewhere that some folks have success jiggling the pella injector.

3. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

In a sense thats a good thing, at least you know the spring is tight :happy102

You can try pushing down on the safety bar or pulling it out towards you gently while pushing the blade in...

4. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I have some of the Pellas, and more on order, but have been using the CVS brand and also the modern Schick brand.

With the CVS magazine, I have to do the same thing, but the difference is that it actually works. If I twist the magazine slightly I can use the slider to push the blade all the way in, but it won't line up unless I twist it. Then I have to hold the plastic and metal parts of the magazine together when I pull them out of the razor, or they'll come apart. The blades are fine, but the magazine they come in is junk.
    I figure that the Pella magazine would be about the same. If yours is sticking, maybe the slider is catching somehow inside the magazine. If you don't mind potentially wasting one blade, then see if it will eject a blade properly when it isn't attached to the razor. If it does work that way, then maybe twisting it is causing something to jam.
    The all metal Schick dispensers work better, but of course the blades cost more.

5. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

It just seems like the blade is not lining up with the slot in the razor of that the slot is not opening up for the blade to go in the razor.

I try and try but the slider on the dispenser seems to just jump over the blade as well.

Do have an old metal Eversharp dispenser that came with the G1 and I tried to use it by putting one of the Pellas in the dispenser but got the same result.

Maybe I just have to mess with the spring thing and pry it a bit loose to see what happens.

6. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mess with it too much, unless you know how to unlatch a type G "Safely".

7. mbach

mbach New Member

reloading injectors

Can you explain how you load the blades into an older injector?
    mbach

8. RacerX

RacerX New Member

If the blades wont "inject" into the razor normally, I just remove one from the blade pack and then insert the key normally. you can then slide the loose blade in from the left side.

9. mbach

mbach New Member

Reloading injector

I have an injector that came with my razor and is vintage. I'd like to put new blades into the injector (not the razor per se). Is this reasonably easy?