L'Occitober?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

L'Occitober starts a day before October :)
    DSC_0124.JPG

Bill_F and theFAT98 like this.
  2. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

This thread compelled me to dig out the L'Occitane. I forgot how great it is. I doubt I'll use it all month but glad to revisit.

feeltheburn likes this.
  3. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Definitely a regular in my rotation...probably 2x a week. As a bonus, it's very reasonably priced & the puck seems like it's going to last forever.

feeltheburn likes this.
  4. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I have NO idea how the heck I would be able to stick solely to one product all month long, but having said that, I started today with my L'Occitane Cade shave soap and in the "esprit de corp", I shaved with a French straight razor!

feeltheburn likes this.
  5. feeltheburn

I don't have any French razors but as soon as my Speick AS is gone, I think I'll go to a French AS. Pinaud is French right?

6. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I've never tried this stuff but I hear a lot about it. Is it really that good?

7. TheFiveO

It is if you speak with a French accent when you apply it!
    Tried which stuff?

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

If you're asking about L'Occitane, yes. Huge value.

Bill_F likes this.
  9. Magnum

Magnum New Member

I was talking about l'occitane in general

10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

L'Occitane is great stuff. I visited one of their stores and found I like most of their products a lot and was wishing they had more shaving products.

feeltheburn likes this.
  11. TheFiveO

I really like everything I have tried from L'Occitane. I think the Cade bar soap is wonderful and a tremendous deal at only $12.00. I haven't tried the cream soap in the jar as it would take a lot to get me to plunk down $34.00 for a tub of shave cream. I have only tried samplers of their products in the stores, they are a tad high priced, but everything I have sampled has been first rate. I currently have their Cedrat EDT and their Mer & Mistral EDT. Both smell amazing. The Cedrat is probably my preferred "everyday" wear as it's lighter and crisper.

Their Beaux line is incredible and has an amazing tobacco scent to it.

Here is a tip for you, if you plan on buying anything, become a member with them and they send you a 20% off your total order coupon for your first purchase. You then of course get special saving notices and such. So far they have been vey polite and not overwhelmed me with mailings, which I like!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Bill_F, feeltheburn and Hodge like this.
  12. SuperChris

SuperChris Member

I shaved with Cade last night. Almost forgot I had it until I saw the container in my cabinet. Its a great soap.

feeltheburn likes this.
  13. TheFiveO

3 shaves in with Cade soap! This may be easier than I thought.

14. feeltheburn

I'm about to do my 4th. Yesterday I put a few drops of m-bomb on it and that was really nice too. I'll get a pic of the puck posted today. Haven't had time the last couple days.

15. feeltheburn

Here's day 4! Cade with m-bomb, a Genco Pyramid 6/8, and finished it off with Gillette Cool Wave. All great stuff, except maybe the Cool Wave. I'm still undecided about it but it is made in France so it sorta goes along with the theme here :)
    DSC_0157.JPG

Attached Files:

Bill_F and Hodge like this.
  16. feeltheburn

5 days in on L'Occitober and man this is turning out to be a good choice for a soap to stick with for a month. I didn't have time for a pic today but I'll try to get one tomorrow. I used a Gillette NEW Long Comb. That's a razor I've had some rough shaves with in the past. Today's was great and I credit the soap more than the razor.

17. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Sunday was L'Occitane day. Plisson Synthetic, Cade soap and Cade Eau De Toilette.
    [​IMG]

feeltheburn and Hodge like this.
  18. feeltheburn

Unfortunately no time to take a pic today either. Still going with the Cade though. Been using a TGN silvertip, A Gillette long comb NEW with Polsilver SI, and finishing off with Clubman Special Reserve. Great shaves!

19. TheFiveO

Did you add a drop of the Menthol Bomb to the L'Occitane lather??!?!? BRILLIANT! I must order some of that elixir

20. TheFiveO

@feeltheburn this idea for L'Occitober was spot on! I had my 4th or 5th (started Sept 30th) shave today with my Cade shave soap. Man, it's amazing how much of an appreciation for a product you can get when you really take the time to learn it! I only wish I had the balms to use as well, all I currently have is the soap and some EDT's.

Todays shave (Sorry no photos)
    - Art of Shaving Pre Shave oil (Was a gift, would never spend that much!)
    - L'Occitane Cade Shave Soap
    - Restored "Made Rite" Shave handle with TGN Boar
    - John Heifort "Made for the Army" 11/16ths vintage straight razor (Thank you @alpla444 )
    - Witch Hazel
    - Aziz Apothecary Post Shave Lotion (Etsy)

oh....and water from my tap

feeltheburn and Hodge like this.