L'Occitober?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Bill_F likes this.
  2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Quelle poisse!!!!! At least it wasn't a rare vintage razor that couldn't be replaced.

Bill_F likes this.
  3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Back to L'Occitane shaving soap today. My late 50's Old Spice mug is a fine host for the soap.

Bill_F, feeltheburn and theFAT98 like this.
  4. feeltheburn

Day 13 of L'Occitober. What a great month it's been so far!
    DSC_0253.JPG

Hodge and Bill_F like this.
  5. feeltheburn

Day 16 of L'Occitober. Still going great! I switched to using a Fatboy for the last few shaves. Gillette TTOs are honestly not my favorites but I'm getting great shaves with this one. Again, I think most of the credit goes to the soap.
    DSC_0265.JPG

Hodge likes this.
  6. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

LĂ“ccitober continued
    [​IMG]
    Ive been using LĂ“ccitane shower gel (Cade) and one of the four of their EdT I own each day. I love the scents they offer and the price is pretty good in comparison of the others at twice the price (Creed etc)

feeltheburn likes this.
  7. feeltheburn

Shave 18 of L'Occitober. I think I'm making a dent in the puck but it's still got a lot of shaves left in it.
    DSC_0296.jpg

Hodge likes this.
  8. feeltheburn

Shave 20 of L'Occitober. I broke out my Plisson synthetic brush today, which doesn't say L'Occitane on it, but I did buy it there. I'm going on a business trip on Wed and was thinking of leaving the Cade at home. But after today's great shave, I might try to make some room in the carry-on for this brush and tub.
    DSC_0334.JPG

9. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Today's L'Occitober shave

- L' Occitane Cade soap
    - Olivewood brush with TGN Synthetic knot
    - R. Cardonnel Frameback Straight
    - Witch Hazel
    - Body Shop Maca Root Razor Relief blam
    - Speick After Shave

[​IMG]

Hodge and feeltheburn like this.
  10. feeltheburn

I brought the Cade with me on a trip so I'm shaving with a Trac II but L'Occitober continues - this will be shave 22 through 24 or 25.
    [​IMG]

TheFiveO likes this.
  11. feeltheburn

Had to skip shaving on Saturday. Early flight home and all. But the past couple days I've been shaving with my Schick Golden 500. This is shave 26. Coming into the home stretch of L'Occitober. Since I started a day early, I should finish October with 31 shaves on the puck. I don't think 5 more will do much to the puck so this one lasts. I'm guessing I've got more than half of it left.
    [​IMG]

12. feeltheburn

Here's shave #28. Every shave so far this month has been amazing. L'Occitane Cade has gone right to the top of my list of favorite soaps. After the end of the month, I'll likely bounce around to some other stuff but I'll be looking forward to using up the rest of this puck and buying another.
    DSC_0402.JPG

13. TheFiveO

Almost over!! Used my Cade all month and you can still almost read the imprinting on the soap. What a wonderful month of shaves with a great soap. Today was-
    - Plisson handle w/new boar knot (The Boar'ed Plisson post)
    - L'Occitane Cade Soap
    - Wade & Butcher Barber notch hollow ground (Great grandfathers)
    - Witch hazel
    - AOS Balm
    - Floid Yellow Mentolado

feeltheburn and Hodge like this.
  14. feeltheburn

Tomorrow will be the last day of L'Occitober (and also Halloween). A month of great shaves. I'd say I've used well under half the puck during the month so after a little time trying out other stuff starting on Sunday, I'll be coming back to the Cade before long.
    DSC_0406.JPG

15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I'll be using L'Occitane soap tomorrow for the last day of the month. I didnt use the soap much but did include the shower gel and or EdT just about every day in Oct.

16. TheFiveO

Here is today's plan for the final day of L'Occitober......
    - L'Occitane Cade Shave Soap
    - Plisson Boar
    - Wade & Butcher Straight
    - Nivea After Shave Balm
    - L'Occitane Cedrat
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    feeltheburn likes this.
  17. feeltheburn

I think I'm going to do this again this year if anyone else wants to do it. I've only shaved with Cade 4 or 5 times since last October and I'm pretty sure my puck will make it through another one.

Hodge likes this.
  18. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I'll join you. I've got the rich shaving cream to go along with the soap this year.....

feeltheburn likes this.
  19. TheFiveO

Is it that time of year again? Being triple milled soap, I know my puck of soap is go to go! Wish I weren't part of No Buy 16 as I would love to try the cream all month!

Hodge, feeltheburn and Robyflexx like this.
  20. feeltheburn

Didn't have time for a pic yesterday but the shave was the same as today's. So here's both. Cade with RazoRock Plissoft brush - great combo. And a Slim on 3 with an Israeli Personna blade.
    IMG_20161002_072301.jpg