L'Occitober?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by feeltheburn, Sep 23, 2015.

1. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

Here's my brush after face lathering today. So the first pass worth of lather is already on my face. Cade is a really good soap, right up there with the best I've ever tried.
    IMG_20161003_055905.jpg

Hodge likes this.
  2. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

feeltheburn likes this.
  3. feeltheburn

My last 4 shaves have been with this I2 injector and Personna Platinum Chrome blade. With Cade soap, the shaves have been really close and so comfortable that I don't feel any burn from the after shave at all when I splash it on.
    IMG_20161006_060857.jpg

4. feeltheburn

My last 3 shaves have been with the Red Tip and a Rapira Swedish Supersteel. Not bad but TTOs just don't shave as well as in injector or a 3-piece DE for me.
    IMG_20161011_092933.jpg

5. feeltheburn

I'm a few days late but needed a new soap so rummaged around in my stash and found a puck of Cade that's been in there for several years. Then I realized it's L'Occitober already! Unfortunately it's been sitting in a box long enough to lose its scent but the performance is as great as before. I hear they've reformulated it for the worse in the last couple years which is a shame if true. This puck is from before that. I may eventually try their new formula just to see for myself but for now I'm just going to enjoy this one. Got a great shave with a Gillette Aristocrat and Gillette Rubie blade today.

6. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

The past few months i have decided to use a shave soap an entire month. This month I have been using Dr Harris. Next month will be cade.

7. nav

nav Well-Known Member

I have cade from 2008 and the scent is divine!

They changed the scent later on which wasn't nearly as good as the original one I have.

Then they reformulated the soap so it doesn't lather at all.

I use my puck occasionally and cherish it when I do...what a superb soap and awesome scent!!

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.