Lomani Intense White=disappointment

Discussion in 'Scents' started by urrlord, Oct 25, 2018.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I had read on line a good number of positive reviews of this scent.I guess this scent is a good sample of Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV).The citrus opening of the cologne is very nice,to my nose-orange peel,grapefruit notes strong for 4 minutes.When I sprayed some on my wrists my wife exclaimed Whoa!that's strong.I assured her it would fade quickly as citrus usually does.It did.Inside of 10 minutes it turned into a skin scent with roughly 1-2 inch projection and the drydown had no citrus left and had completely changed in character.The end result was reminescent of Lauren's Romance for Men or Stetson Caliber but with a harsh synthetic note overlaying the sweet notes of the drydown.I tried 6-8 sprays including some on my shirt as some colognes last longer on fabric,not this one.The end result is an okay scent that hangs very close should be good for non hot weather as I cannot see it standing up to hot weather.

I have Lomani por homme which is a Drakkar clone said to be very close to the original formula moreso than the current Drakkar product,it is great on projection and longevity .So I was expecting more from the Intense White.In fact only the opening citric notes are intense the rest is pleasant and some what boring.

Since it was an add on to an Amazon order for the low price of 7 bucks instead or the usual 15-20 bucks I don't feel ripped off just disappointed.It will still get some use ,it's just not what I had hoped for.

RyX likes this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

My Go-To source for scent info (basenotes.net) had very little on this particular product. From my own experience citrus scent oils are short lived. If you enjoy it, apply a little more often?

Thanks for the review!

3. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

The good news is that at $7 it can be refreshed without much worry if you are inclined. I've had a difficult time with citrus scents that project much as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk