London/Munich

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Gobucks, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

So my daughter informed me she is going to both places in May. And I thought for a souvenir maybe get me some shaving product???
    So I ask you very knowledgeable great people what you you suggest? Nothing to expensive maybe 20 bucks at each place.
    I know I can get items via maggards from there but thought it would be cool to have something from there. Or maybe there is something we can not get in the states?
    Thanks again for all you great knowledge.

2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Boots the Chemist shave stick and especially the aftershave( on account of the alcohol in it) is hard to get in the states.

Also , Wickham Co soaps

3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

TOBS (taylor of old bond street) is at 74 Jermyn st, right byPicadilly circus. If y0ou like TOBS, you might as well get it direct from the source.

Bama Samurai and MR41 like this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Jermyn Street in London is where everything shaving resides. Just west of Trafalgar Square.

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

In my opinion, it’s software. There is nothing new and exciting you are going to find there in terms of razors, and all of the brushes are going to be smaller knotted, high lofted things, rebranded by Vulfix (etc) and sold at a premium.

But these cats have soap figured out. Complex scents, triple milled stuff, and old school in a classy way.

That’s 100% where I’d go.

wristwatchb and Bama Samurai like this.
  6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Yes