London's Bathecary

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Queen of Blades, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    London's Bathecary, located in Charlottesville, VA or online at http://www.shoplondons.com/ , is a wonderful vendor.

In-store or online their customer service is excellent. If you ever have the chance to stop by the shop, it is definetly a trip worth making. The salespeople are knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. The store can be a little overwhelming, there is just soooo much to look at and smell.

I've had orders shipped to me, and I've bought stuff in-store. Either way, I've never had a bad experience with London's.

Edit; I've edited my ratings, and will add a bit new feedback in a new post.

2. hyperwarp

hyperwarp New Member

Super Customer Service + Free Shipping + Free Gift Wrapping + Web Coupons

Just ordered a boatload of Mitchells Wool Fat Products from LB.

Most places just sell the bath soap if they're a soap seller or the shaving soap if they are a shaving e'tailer. Londons is one of the few places in the USA that carries the full line of Mitchell's heavenly products. If that is so for Mitchell's it is probably so for the other lines they carry & BELIEVE ME THEY CARRY ALOT OF LINES !!! in a variety of price ranges.

The web site is attractive & easy to use. Ordering is shopping-cart simple. Pay methods seem to be everything but CASH (& am sure they'll take good ol'CASH at their brick-n-mortar store !!!!)

Packaging & Shipping are top notch. They ship your order out really fast once you place it. On orders over $100 3-5 day UPS shipping is FREE !!!! Yay !!! And come on, you know that $100 is not hard to spend on fancy dancy soaps, lotions, colognes, eau de toilettes & stuff like that.

Additionally, LB offers FREE GIFT WRAPPING & GIFT CARD for any order for any amount. Now that's a GOOD THING !!! LOL, even when I'm ordering stuff I want I have it gift wrapped & "sweet carded" for SWMBO. Believe me, SWMBO, treats this poor old dog REAL NICE after a lovely wrapped shipment from London Bathecary arrives with a little card in the box pledging undying love & undying servitude & acceptance that she truly is SWMBO & I'm lowly HWMO but so happy to be her HWMO....

London Bathecary also has "Net Coupons" you can use at checkout. When I checked out I "forgot" to type in my $5 off web coupon. The next day, I remembered & emailed them & they still knocked the $5 off my order altho it had already went "thru"....Now that was good customer service.

LB is definitely my go to shop for luxury bath products. Their prices on Mitchell's (which ain't cheap stuff) is very competitive altho the price on the
    shaving soap in the super-cool ceramic dish (collectable) was a tad higher than elsewhere.

If you've never used Mitchell's bath soap, shampoo or gel I highly recommend that as an "introduction" to London Bathecary fine store & service. Have the order gift wrapped & gift carded to your woman & I'll betcha you get treated real real good the night the package arrives....hehehe...u guys are low dogs, ya know it, admit it, 'fess up !!!

3. dmikel

dmikel New Member

Great experience with them. They shipped the same day I ordered and it was packed well. As has been said, it's easy to get the $100 worth of stuff for free shipping.

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    New comments

I have to say I've been very disappointed with Londons lately.

I think it's coming up on 2 months now since I ordered a tube of Musgo Real and a tub of C&E Sienna (plus other stuff, that was shipped and received) through the website, and still haven't received those 2 items.

I've been patient. Londons did just move to another storefront, around the corner (literally). But I sent an email at least a week ago, asking for an ETA or a refund, and I haven't heard a WORD from them.

I'm sorely disappointed.

5. PalmettoDuckhunter

PalmettoDuckhunter New Member

I discovered these folks four or five years ago when looking for an altenate source for my shaving creams. Since then I've placed two or three orders a year for a variety of items and have always been very satisfied with the ease of doing business, the rapid order fulfillment and the friendliness of the staff. I was disappointed to see that Joanna was having some difficulty with them. I trust it's been resolved.

6. dmikel

dmikel New Member

I didn't have a good experience with London's customer service. It was obvious that an email I sent with a complaint wasn't even read. Eventually it was taken care of but only because of persistence on my part.