Long time head shaver here

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by Hoss304, May 24, 2017.

1. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Been shaving well over 20yrs. Haven't tried a DE yet but a can of Barbasol and a good old mach 3 have served me well all these years . I've tried all kinds of cartridge razors . I'd suggest mach 3 , Schick extreme 3 or hydro 5 . I have never tried a fusion so no opinion.

RaZorBurn123 and Troy M like this.
  2. Hoss304

A good trick to extend the life of a mach 3 is once you're finished strop it on denim . I've used the same cartridge for well over a month and a half . I shave my head about every 3 days or so.

3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I use a Trac II for my head shaves. I used a DE for about 2 years, but decided that the 2 blades were a little more efficient on the old bean.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Hoss304

I wasn't familiar with the trac and older Gillette until these forums. The mach 3 was my first "nice"razor as a teen .

Sent from my LG-K371 using Tapatalk

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm a Schick Extreme 3 head shaver.

6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

I've had good luck with DE and even straight razors for my head shaves. As long as it works and enjoyable.

7. Master.Legend

Master.Legend Member

I always shaved Mach 3 now I'm in the single edge game and love the shaves. I have all gems a damaskeene, later 1912, clog pruf, and bullet tip micromatic. I will be adding a gbar, featherweight, and injector as well.

PastorAndy914 likes this.