Longer handled brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by cvac, Nov 3, 2008.

1. cvac

cvac Member

What are some good recs for relatively inexpensive (say, $75 or less) brushes with longer handles? Right now I have a Conk Pure Badger and the handle is fairly short which leads to getting lather all over my hands when I lather up in my big latte mug.

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

3. riffin

riffin Active Member

Rodd made mine and it's my favorite.

4. ThePossum

ThePossum Member

TJ,

That is one beautiful looking hunk of wood on that brush. Nice knot too. Just curious but do you carry that brush around with you to use in case somebody tries to mug you? :D Not only beautiful but also quite large.

I am having rodd refurbish an Ever Ready brush for me. He is using 20mm Silvertip knot. Can't wait to get back and to use it.

5. cvac

cvac Member

TJ,

Wow, that is a fantastic looking brush. The handle is almost as big as a peppermill. How do you hang that thing upside down? Do you have a special stand? Also, where did you find the rubber grip you have on the Merkur razor?

6. alabamalawyer

alabamalawyer Member

7. riffin

riffin Active Member

Ha! Thanks! My boy and I were using it just the other day for batting practice! :happy102

I thought about asking Rodd to put a wrist strap on it so I could use it as a billy club, but decided not to.:rolleyes:

On my last trip, I took my Merkur Vision brush in PVC travel tube I made. I tried to pack this one, but I just couldn't get it to fit. I've since gotten a couple of other brushes that would work well for travel.

8. riffin

riffin Active Member

I stand it up. I asked Rodd to make the end flat. I shake it out before putting it up.

The rubber grip is a stack of 10-15 #7 O-rings I found at Home Depot. I had them on my Future too. They fit perfectly in the hollow on the handle.