Look what I found at Walgreens

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dapper-in-a-can-man, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

uploadfromtaptalk1458087795005.jpg and only 5.99. Not to bad of a price for retail.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Let us know what you think of them.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Shaveathon

Shaveathon Member

In his latest video, "A Florida Shave", Youtube shaving superstar, Joe From Queens, picked up the Gillette blade plack that's made in Brazil in a Florida Walgreen's. He opens up the pack 47 seconds into the video. From what I've read, it sounds like they're overpriced.

AGHisBBS and Slipperyjoe like this.
  4. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I looked at Israeli made blades at CVS and was shocked by the cost. They wanted $7.99 for 10 blades. I can buy 10 Wilkinson sword blades at my local independent pharmacy for $1.38. I like Wilkinson blades way more than rebranded Personna Reds. I would like to try this new Gillette blade but I'm Not fond of paying that much to do it.

AGHisBBS and Billyfergie like this.
  5. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

It's kinda hard to see, but is that $5.99 for 3 blades??

AGHisBBS and Billyfergie like this.
  6. Shaveathon

Shaveathon Member

I think it's $6 for 9 blades (3 packs of 3). I don't see how or why these brick and mortar chains continue to use the old theories of marketing when there's so much internet competition, especially from Amazon, and in the case of blades, many shaving specialty sites and Ebay.
    They've got to know their retail prices are unrealistic. When having an online sale, Walgreens.com sells the 12.5 oz bottle of Clubman aftershave for less than what the 6 oz. bottle goes for in their retail stores, like the price they're advertising today:

[​IMG]

7. jstolp

jstolp Active Member

I bought these last night at my local Walgreens. They are a bit pricey for only 9 blades, but I thought I would try them. Used one this morning in my Merkur 38c, with Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream.

Since I was running late I only had time to do a one pass shave, but my initial impression was that the blade produced a very nice shave. Not sure what the difference is comparing it to the Gillette Platinum blades (which I use as well). Perhaps they are a little sharper, as I did nick myself once (might be attributed to my technique). Of course I have not tried any of the sharper blades discussed (Feather) so I can't compare it to those. Overall, I thought it gave a very nice comfortable shave. Is it worth the price for 9 blades? Yet to be determined.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  8. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are rebranded Personna Reds. Most supermarkets around here like Shoprite have the same blades for $2.99. Check your supermarket before shelling out 8 bucks !!!

AGHisBBS likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Sounds a little expensive.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Glad to see them in stores, but it's hard to beat my 100 Derby blades on the Bay for around $10.

11. richgem

Sure you can... Astra SPs. 100 count, $9.99 ebay. free shipping. :)
    (and, imho, a much better blade too.)

ninjack, Robyflexx and LuvWetShavin like this.
  12. MarshalArtist

MarshalArtist Psychiatric Help 5ยข

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
    Robyflexx likes this.
  13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I have those too

richgem likes this.
  14. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

One of my favorite blades and most often used. And i actually found them for $9.95/100 on eBay a few months back

ninjack, richgem and Robyflexx like this.
  15. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I saw these blades at wallgreens the other day. I also thought they were kind of expensive, plus I prefer the GSB over the Platinums anyways so I passed. I did pick up a bottle of Clubman while I was there.

16. richgem

I have bought them as low as 7 something per 100 from Turkey. I now have about 1200 of them. :ashamed001:

LuvWetShavin likes this.