Looking for 1 more Schick Injector & Vintage Gillette OC

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by Neolithium, Mar 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

Hello!
    So, apparently either the world is going shave-crazy or my eBay searching skills are just utter garbage, I haven't been able to find very many decent examples in the last week or two that are worth the price, or they have just been way overpriced. I'm looking for the following items if anyone has any laying around that you don't want or need anymore.

1) Schick E1 or E2 with a white handle
    2) Gillette Old or NEW Open comb

They don't need to be museum quality with all accessories, just working order that don't look like they've been sitting in a swamp for 90 years. I plan on taking care of them but still using them on a regular rotation.

Thanks for any insights all!
    Justin

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

There's an antique store in Leduc that has what your looking for I think. They had a ton of old injectors in their cases last time I was there...and the stuff is a decent price too!

Neolithium and CyanideMetal like this.
  3. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Assist to Luke!!:cool:

4. Neolithium

Sounds like I'll have to pay them a visit sometime, but my car wont' be here for a few months, and leduc is one heck of a hike :)

5. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

I saw some nice open combs on Etsy a while back. Also I find that the antique stores do indeed bear fruit sometimes.. in fact mostly I find injectors of one sort or another there, which are not my cup of tea. In the seventies I had one..long black handle I think.. but you could find the blades anywhere. Anyways you shouldn't really have a problem getting those razors.. and oh ya he's pricier but there's also BRW for the OC.. good luck...

7. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Yes, Etsy is a good one. I've dealt a lot with Adam at VintageRazors on that site. Very honest and he will put together a deal for you. He overcollected to like 300 razors is slowly but surely selling them off. He's more the DE person, but I got a batch of 4 GEMS from him. There's also RichardsRazors, but he's more pricey.

8. lindyhopper66

9. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

10. Neolithium

Well I'm still hunting around eBay lately for both. There's a plethora around but the pricing isn't right or they're just in horrible shape recently. I don't mind smaller cracks on the Gillette's but some of them listed as "minor" have it running 3/4 of the length of the handle. I'm far too cheap to get one of the NOS ones though that are in the $100+ price range; those would be for a collector to really never use.

11. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

Do you have any antique stores nearby? Those are usually great places to pick up old Gillettes/GEMs/Schicks.

12. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

Justin,

Have you checked etsy.com lately? I saw NEW and OT razors on there tonight and the prices were very good.

13. lindyhopper66

You're right about the prices for razors being wacky on eBay. You can still get G1's for fairly cheap. I got an E3 Imperial in it's metal case two weeks ago for $24 with shipping. I got another E with case for $4 and being the only bidder, $9 with shipping. It took bidding on a lot of E's to get ones cheap enough.

I looked at etsy as well, and there are good prices there. Don't try ecrater. Their prices are way out of line.

14. Conrad1959

Conrad1959 Well-Known Member

Justin
    Please contact me through Private Conversations with address info and I will send you the Gillette. I will clean it up today and mail it tomorrow.

15. Neolithium

ALL FOUND! Thanks to a generous PIF from Conrad for the Gillette and being able to track down an Injector and blades that I wanted.

Hopefully I don't get bitten by the injector bug or I'm screwed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.