Looking for a Lime Aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by chrisf8657, Jul 14, 2015.

1. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

I really like the smell of Natural limes, my favorite being Captain's Choice Lime, but CC Lime doesn't last but a few minutes.

Does anyone know of a Lime Aftershave that has lasting power, and is like CC Lime and has good skin properties?

Thanks!

2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Trumper's Lime skin food, also Joanna's TSD Lime skin milk.

You won't find a lime that lasts longer than a half hour though. Citrus scents have no staying power whatsoever.

trey06dmd and GDCarrington like this.
  3. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Someday, Mr. Fine's Italian Citrus will make a comeback. Keep your eye out for it. You'll smell like Lemon Fresh Pledge for at least two hours.

GDCarrington, ObiDon and PLANofMAN like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Support TSD --->*click* and buy your lime cologne from JoAnna.
    See this --->*click again*

Tdmsu likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Tsd for sure. Eithet the AS or the EDT. its the limeiest lime ive ever smelled. And the scent is real lime, not lime candy.

6. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

Just bought 2 Milk samples and a Splash sample.
    The ingredient list looks superb - everything I want and then some.

Hopefully, it will be my new AS.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

From.....?

8. chrisf8657

chrisf8657 Active Member

The Shave Den shop

9. richgem

Too late I know, but the mojito scent is also spectacular (and contains lime).

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

my favorite lime aftershave is Stephan's Island Lime. it lasts a lot longer than any other lime ones I have tried and it has a fresh scent. comes in a big bottle and can be found very cheap (got mine for $7)
    and can sometimes be found locally at beauty supply stores or online.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I haven't tried it myself but have heard some really good things about Royall Lyme

"Derived from an authentic island formula favored by colonial Victorian gentlemen. This delightfully crisp all-day refresher combines the oils of the plumpest West Indian Royall limes with 77 rare essential oils to produce a zestfully unobtrusive yet undeniably lime scent. A timeless, cooling essential for after shower or shave."

[​IMG]

John Beeman likes this.
  12. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I don't like the spelling here. Reminds me more of a tick borne disease rather than a pleasing citrus fragrance.

Spyder and Tdmsu like this.
  13. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

And it cost more than my FB

PLANofMAN likes this.
  14. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I believe Lyme is the Jamaican spelling of Lime.

15. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Probably. It's a by product of being an English colony. I'm also not a fan of colour instead of color or cheque instead of check etc... Sort of the visual equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.

16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Funny. I'm completely the opposite :) I find color, check, elevator, etc, etc to be, not offensive per se, examples of how a beautiful language got near bastardized :)

In my mind I simply view "English" and "American" as two separate languages and that works pretty well.

RyX, PLANofMAN, Slow Joe and 2 others like this.
  17. richgem

FWIW, I didn't care for it. Too much of a candy smell for me and too expensive. But, I'm fussy when it comes to lime. Plus it didn't last very long at all.

18. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I like ToB Victorian Lime. Good staying power

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Looks like Garry's sample shop have a few lime scented ones in stock so that might be a good way to try some out.

20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If you come across some old Avon Island Lime from the '60s, it's excellent stuff. especially when spiked with some lime EO. I broke my last bottle a few weeks ago, unfortunately.