Looking for a really nice wooden shave soap bowl

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by 7055, Jun 29, 2016.

1. 7055

7055 Active Member

Hello all,

I am looking for a nice quality really good looking wooden shave soap bowl to sit on my bathroom counter and look pretty. Any recommendations? It would be nice if it came with a decent shave soap inside of it as well.

Thanks

2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Most D. R. Harris and Geo. F. Trumper soaps can be bought in wooden bowls.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

It depends on how "nice" you want one to be. You can pick up good ones on ebay from 5-10 bucks. Usually the best ones with soaps come from England, however. My favorites are truefitt and hill (particularly their 1805 line), taylor of old bond street (sandalwood or jermyn street lines), or penhaligon (blenheim bloom line). As mentioned above, dr harris and geo f trumper make these as well, but i personally dont care for them as much.

Another option is a cigar box to keep plastic bowls or wrapped soaps in. This option depends if you are wanting it more for presentation or for lathering in. Cigar boxes are a very classy look IMHO. You also have far more selections, and you can go through the options of having some extremely unique and cool designs (as opposed to wooden bowls that essentially all look the same.)
    Mama bear soaps offers gift sets of cigar boxes with several soaps included, and this would be something to look into if going that route.