Looking For Heavy Cartridge Razor...To Replace My Lightweight Gillette Sensor Excel.

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by rgarr, Nov 18, 2011.

1. rgarr

rgarr Senior moments member

Looking For Heavy Cartridge Razor...To Replace My Lightweight Gillette Sensor Excel. Does anyone have any ideas on where I could go...site wise...to buy one. Remember, The Gillette Sensor Excel has the two little pinchers up by the handle to grab the blade and the blade can pivot. I have found a couple of heavy razors that take cartridges similiar to the Atra Razor but my Gillette Sensor Excel cartridge is different and fits flush to the razor and the cartridge will pivot. I just want a heavier razor but I still like the cartridge style razor like the Gillette. I tried the site http://www.nashvilleknifeshop.com/heavy-pivoting-twin-blade-razor.html but I don't think that this razor will work. Any help on this will be appreciated! Thanks everyone...I haven't been on this site for awhile.

2. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

EM's place has a lot of heavy handles and I believe some are for the Sensors. As you've found out most places will only have the tracII and Atra replacements.

3. rgarr

Thanks Williams Warrior, Do you have an address for EM's place? I appreciate it as I'm not familiar with some of the sites. Thanks!

4. Williams Warrior

I think it's www.emsplace.com or something like that, if that's not it just google it and you'll find it with no trouble.

5. Williams Warrior

6. rgarr

Thanks Williams Warrior for your help...I appreciate it!

7. Williams Warrior

Your welcome.

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Cooncat Bob at Bob's Razor Works can probably get you a custom thing however you want it. Also, I think that I've seen a few places that have custom handles available for all the different cart heads.

Best of luck to you :)

9. rgarr

Hello battle.munky, I will certainly give Cooncat Bob a try at Bob's Razor Works but I've been all over the Internet and the suggestions on this forum without any luck. You'd think that someone would make a heavy razor like the Gillette Sensor Excel for shavers that want a better balance...but maybe not. Thanks!

10. Mitch

Mitch Active Member

If you want a nice meaty razor you might try the Merkur 34C "Heavy Duty." Nice handle, great weight! I don't own one myself yet but it will be my next razor.

11. Williams Warrior

I was just on EM's razor handle page and while they don't make a specific sensor handle for $2.25 there is a plastic adapter that fits any of those trac II heavy handles that are for the sensor razor carts. I think that's the best your gonna get.

12. rgarr

I'm afraid you're right and I hate that sensor handle because it doesn't fit flush...I have one that came with a Merkur Cartridge Razor I purchased a year ago! I'm going to sttle for what I have. Thanks!