Looking for info on this Rare Jarville Razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by FacialCarnage, Jun 22, 2013.

1. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

I ran across this beautiful vintage Jarville Razor that was made from a company in France. I was wondering if anyone knows any information about this razor. It looks similar to some of the older Gillette Single Ring Razors and the Kampfe razors that I have restored in the past. It is a 3-piece razor w/ case. The case looks to be covered in a dyed red leather with a leather insert on the top with the Jarville logo on it. I looked it up on google and the only thing I could find was another photo of a similar razor in a black leather case and that it was produced in France, this was on some shaving encyclopedia site.
    Thanks for looking and any info would be great.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BigT and 178-bplatoon like this.
  2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

From Waits Compendium:

Jarville

Mfgr Unidentified
    Country of Origin France
    Comb Guard with two studs in cap

Waits contains no more than what you know in the photo.

FacialCarnage likes this.
  3. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Have you shaved with it yet? :shaver Not that it matters any , but when the blade pan is attached to the handle I believe they are called two piece razors. Might make a difference in a search for more info....:)

FacialCarnage likes this.
  4. FacialCarnage

FacialCarnage Well-Known Member

Haven't shaved with it yet. I may give it a go after I get it cleaned up.

5. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

Looks exactly like some of my old Gillettes... this was almost certain to have angered old King Gillette... I believe he sued some of his imitators?... and bought out others :)