Looking for lime scent

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Easy Going, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Easy Going

Easy Going Member

Looking for lime scent in preshave and aftershave. Any suggestions?

RaZorBurn123 and RyX like this.
  2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Pinaud lime sec is nice.
    Razorock Essential oil of lime is like a lime on your face, but soothing.

brit and RyX like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Clubman Gent's Gin.

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Our own Shave Den shop (@Queen of Blades) makes a wonderful Lime aftershave (also avail as edt, soaps, and creams) as well as a Mojito. Both of which smell wonderful. I'm not sure if "we" have a preshave. JoAnna?

I've tried many lime products over the years and these are among my favorites. Note that they also smell like real lime, not lime candy.

Another favorite is Mama Bear's products which are available in lime, lime blends, and one of my all-time favorites, Lime-cilantro.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  5. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

I’ll second the recommendation of Pinaud Lime Sec. I love that stuff.

brit, RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Paul Turner

That might be part of my "Pinaud Purchase Package Of 2019".

RyX likes this.
  7. MntnMan62

I first smelled it when I was in the men’s room at the Princeton Club in NYC. Took one whiff and knew I had to have it.

RyX and Paul Turner like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Not a bad place for it to be

9. RyX

RyX DoH!

Pinaud also offers Lime Musk AS-cologne. While the Lime Sec is reminiscent of Jolly Ranchers candy (definitely on the sweet side) and fades after a couple hours, the Musk has it's base note that holds on longer.

If you don't find a preshave you like, it's possible with a little experimentation, to add an AS to unscented products. Pinaud products work well this way. They are powerfully scented and low priced.

10. MntnMan62

Lime Musk or Citrus Musk? I have Citrus Musk and if it is what you are thinking of, I really like that one a lot as well. And it does linger a little longer.

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

You are correct, Sir! The scents seem to be better when decanted to glass rather than the cheap plastic bottles as sold.
    Pinaud Lime Sec Citrus Musk.gif

RaZorBurn123, brit and MntnMan62 like this.
  12. MntnMan62

I agree about decanting. I decanted my Lime Sec into a blue sake bottle. I need to find a different type of bottle for the Citrus Musk.

RyX likes this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Hot sauce bottles work well. Some have a molded into the glass restriction. Others a plastic pop off type that makes it easier to clean out the original contents. I've picked up a few antique bottles previously used for perfumes, hair tonics, and the like. Most don't have the original cap. So I started a collection of screw tops for those. With the difference between manufacturers & Imperial VS. Metric I have found caps for 95%.

14. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

Have a bottle of Pinaud lime sec in my locker at work. Like others here I enjoy it.

I think my next lime soap and aftershave that I get next will be Stirling margaritas on the artic. Seems to be very well liked scent with some coolness for those warm days that I like to wear citrus scents.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

If you’re into DIY, you could get some lime essential oil & mix it with unscented witch hazel, for a post-shave.

16. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Maggard Razors has a nice Limes & Bergamot. Very nice and fairly inexpensive.

Herm

John Beeman likes this.
  17. Paul Turner

Leads to a question-for the respect of this thread, what is the ratio of limes to bergamot in the Maggard product you mention?

18. brit

brit in a box

i like the tobs #74 lime fragrance..

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This is nice, but a bit costly.

brit likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

Y'know, for years I thought the pronounciation of Pinaud was "Pea-know". Then there are aftershave video guys who say "Pa-NOWD". Wonder what the official one is.

RyX likes this.