Looking for lime scent

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Easy Going, Aug 10, 2018.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

@Easy Going FYI below

Lime (-ish) Soap List

Note:- Link for each soap have been included, you may need to shop around online for the best price as YMMV depending on shipping cost.

Barbara's Soap ~ Lime click here
    Barton Funny Farm ~ Coconut & Lime click here
    Barton Funny Farm ~ Lemon & Lime click here
    Captain’s Choice ~ Lime click here
    Catie's Bubbles ~ Rosee Du Matin (lemon & lime) click here
    Castle Forbes ~ Lime click here
    Col Conk ~ Lime click here
    Crabtree & Evelyn ~ West Indian Lime click here
    Cyril R Salter ~ Essential Lime click here
    Dr K Soap Co. ~ Lime click here
    Elvado ~ Royal Tahitian Lime click here
    First Canadian ~ Lime & Rosemary click here
    Geo F. Trumper ~ Extract of Limes click here
    Humphreys Handmade ~ MOJITO click here
    Local Gent Shaving Co ~ Lime Street click here
    Meißner Tremonia ~ Dark Limes click here
    Mike’s Natural ~ Lime click here
    Mystic Water ~ Lime click here
    Nanny's Silly Soaps ~ Lime Original click here
    Nanny's Silly Soaps ~ Lime Signature click here
    Occams ~ Crushed Lime (discontinue)
    Piccadilly Shaving Co. ~ Lime click here
    RazoRock ~ Essential Oil Of Lime click here
    RazoRock ~ "What the Puck?!" (Lime Burst) click here
    Rock Rose Apothecary ~ Cypress Lime click here
    Saint Charles Shave ~ Lime click here
    Shannon’s Soaps ~ 25th Street Lime click here
    Soap Commander ~ Respect click here
    Soap Smooth ~ Lime Soda click here
    Soapy Bathman ~ Tropical Lime click here
    Stirling ~ Lime click here
    Stone Cottage Soapworks ~ Bay Lime click here
    Taconic ~ Lime click here
    Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ Lemon & Lime click here
    The Sudsy Soapery ~ White Sage and Lime click here
    Truefitt & Hill ~ West Indian Limes click here
    Turtleship Shave Co. ~ Lime click here
    Wholly Kaw ~ Lav Sublime Concerto click here
    Van Yulay (Soap of the Gods) ~ Key Lime Pie click here
    Van Yulay (Soap of the Gods) ~ Put de Lime in de Coconut click here
    Van Yulay (Soap of the Gods) ~ Seriously Lime click here

Paul Turner, RyX and Frijolero like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Nice research. A footnote-Local Gent is going out of business soon-but a check on the website for the Lime is at least worth a try.

RyX likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

i have a lime cologne called duru , from turkey, paul h inspired ..nice stuff .,rr essential lime,lime sec ,all great stuff..

RyX likes this.
  4. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Cold River Soap Works Limenthol is another. The soap is on the pricey side, but it is good.

The original post also asks about preshave. Here the field is much thinner. Stirling is the one off the top of my head for a pure lime preshave oil.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

+1! Great densely packed data for easy retrieval.

Don't forget Joanna announced she's closing the TSD Store. Stock up while you can.

I've got Col Conk Glycerine Lime soap, and soon to have RazoRock WTP Lime Burst. Has anyone paired the second soap with Pinaud Lime Sec or Citrus Musk AS?

Frijolero likes this.
  6. BJV

BJV Active Member

I’m partial to Pinaud Lime Sec, but I have found that women seem put off by it. I have even experienced women asking if anyone else smelled “insecticide” whenever I’ve had it on.

RyX likes this.
  7. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

Interesting. I love Lime Sec and my wife hasn't said anything about not liking it. However, I once put on some Lilac Vegetal, otherwise known as The Veg. After putting it on I left the room and went downstairs. Shortly thereafter I hear my wife say "Why does it smell like pee in the guest bedroom? Did the dog pee in here?" My 14 year old son who is now shaving and knows about The Veg responded to my wife saying "No mom, it's Dad." And to that she said "Dad peed in the bedroom?" I came upstairs and told her about the aftershave splash. She then leaned in and sniffed and said "You can't go out like that." I haven't worn The Veg since. True story.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

Scent is so subjective. One persons wonderful cheese is another's rotten milk? I once ate at a Tai restaurant that had Lemongrass as an ingredient. It was my first time with the spice and not pleasant. I couldn't imagine why anyone could enjoy what to me was a cleaning product scent as a food spice. Cultural bias as I associated the scent of Lysol with "other than food".

So if those women have leverage over you, guess you'll need to consider a different scent. I like Pinaud Lime Sec & Citrus Musk and haven't had anyone compare it to bug spray. Yet.

Frijolero and BJV like this.
  9. BJV

BJV Active Member

My wife isn’t too keen on the Sec either. I’ll have to give the Veg a try. At my own risk.

RyX and MntnMan62 like this.
  10. BJV

BJV Active Member

One of them was the Publisher’s wife. You could consider that as leverage, I guess.

RyX likes this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'd suggest should you try The Veg, either find it at a local barber or beauty supply shop or order the smallest bottle you can find. It's lilac and other stuff. The other is a form of urea, and to many it smells much like a over ripe cat litter box. It's a long lasting AS/Cologne so once you put it on, you're wearing it all day. For those that enjoy it there's no talking them out of it. They call themselves The Chosen. I have a bottle and use it occasionally. I'm Chosen, but have other scents I prefer.

12. brit

brit in a box

tobs #74 ...victorian lime scent..

RyX likes this.
  13. RyX

RyX DoH!

Gary, reviews on basenotes speak highly of this one. Let me know if you agree?

"It is unmistakeably lime, and not lemon or any other citrus fruit. It is a sour, tart, and dry lime and not the refreshing or zesty kind - however it is very pleasant all the same. It is not a spiced limes scent either. The heart notes mostly consist of the scent of the fuschia flower, while basenotes are mostly of oakmoss. So it is a green and mildly soapy fragrance overall and smells very old-fashioned but high-class at the same time. Wearing this with a well-tailored suit would make a lot of sense. Projection is moderate, but the beauty of this fragrance however is in the longevity, running at over 6 hours on my skin - being one of the most potent lime fragrances ever made." - seeroos.syed

Frijolero, brit and Linuxguile like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

i like it, a strong lime for lack of a phrase, and lasts a while. classy in its own way. non scent people would call it floor cleaner..face feel is excellent..enjoy , i bought 2 bottles..

RyX likes this.