Looking for "stubble" razor

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ob1page, Jun 26, 2017.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Hello All,

My girlfriend recently confided in me that she really likes it when I don't shave for a couple days, she loves the stubble look. As it is in my best interests to make her as happy as possible I'm looking for a razor that allows me to keep the 5 o'clock shadow look all the time. The twist is that I still want to use my shaving soaps with the razor. I think unfortunately I'm going to be stuck with an electric but I'm wondering if anyone uses one of these razors or has any suggestions. I'm still planning on using my "real" razors for edging and on my neck. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I wonder if a long comb with a steep angle would work? Im better it will have to be electric as well.

Even with the stubble look you will still likely edge it. I have a gotee and an immediate benefit I noticed was the sharp edge detail a DE provides vs a cartridge.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

ob1page likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

4. ob1page

I'll likely stick with my straights for edging, maybe the occasional SE. I refuse to go back to cartridges or use the electric for detail work.

Keithmax likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I'm thinking a 'stache/beard trimmer that has the assorted combs.
    My thought is even a single pass is going to knock the stubble down to a point where it may not be noticeable by sight, but by feel only.

ob1page likes this.
  6. ob1page

A single pass unfortunately cuts too close. I had 2 days growth going when she made the comment

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. ob1page

A trimmer is likely the route I'll be taking. I'm hoping there's one out there that I can still use my soaps with

8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I'll trade you a beard trimmer for your Portland Kamisori

9. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Tell her you will let the stubble grow on your face if she lets her face grow stubble. See what happens...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

COMPNOR, brit, mrchick and 1 other person like this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

What's the worst that can happen? Oh, I don't know...
    IMG_0612.JPG

Toomuch40, RyX and ob1page like this.
  11. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I'm going to suggest forgetting about a new razor or anything else.

I'm going to suggest you just keep doing what you're doing.

If you get a razor that gives you the Sonny Crocket 100% of the time, your girl is going to get tired of it and wish you shaved more. If you keep doing what you're doing, you can have a couple of days a week with the stubble and she will continue to appreciate it.

12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Shave every third day ? Man that's a tough one Ben, I'm glad my wife likes me clean shaven.

13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Get a new girl?

Kidding.

Can't help.

14. RyX

RyX DoH!

Is it the visual or tactile she is seeking?

There's that time between stopped shaving and growing a beard where The Itch happens.A Wahl electric trimmer with the shortest comb leaves 1/8".

Bookworm, ob1page and mrchick like this.
  15. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Take Thursday Friday and Sat off from shaving. She will get what she wants for half the week and you get to shave and enjoy the rest of the week.

And tell her if she loves you, it shouldn't matter what you look like as long as you are happy.

16. Bama Samurai

Machiavellian relationship advice translator:

1. Manage expectations
    2. Increase relative demand by withholding supply.

RyX, Keithmax, ob1page and 2 others like this.
  17. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Back when I was in college, that worked for me. When my girlfriend made it abudantly clear that she wanted me to have the stubble look, I traded her in for a new model. Ms. New Model made it quite clear that she loved men with a baby bottom smooth face. Ok, that was a really good trade. :D

RyX, tuxxdk, ob1page and 5 others like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Agree. If we change to gain the approval and love of others, then they do not actually love us for who we are. This action potentially deprives two people of real happiness.

tuxxdk, ob1page, 178-bplatoon and 2 others like this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

20. Grimpen

Grimpen Member

How about one of those hair shaper razors with the comb? They are meant for shaping hair not shaving faces, but a quick Googling indicates that the combs are typically removable, and some people prefer the longer Persona shaper blades. Word of caution, apparently the corners are sharper on the shaper blades, which since you would be leaving the comb in place so the blade would be set back, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

SharptoothC, ob1page and Keithmax like this.