looking for the best sandalwood shaving soap.....any suggestion?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Gwynblade, Oct 25, 2015.

1. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

The only sandalwood I have ever used is TSD Lanolin. Great soap,easy to lather and the lather lasts. The sent is mild, which is the way I like it. As always YMMV.

Dave
    DSCN0097[1] (1024x768).jpg

2. Gerry Canter

Gerry Canter Member

Taylor Of Old Bond Street is kind of the classic Sandalwood creme. It has a pretty intense smell IMO, but I like it.

Pedigree and brit like this.
  3. xnykid

xnykid Well-Known Member

Proraso Red is very nice, it leaves a great scent in my boar hair brush and really the price is hard to beat. I have hard water and it works very well.

Tedolph and brit like this.
  4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Caties Sandalwood

clint64 likes this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Nice old Thread on Sandalwood soaps.
    Taylor of old Bond street Sandalwood cream- first sandalwood bought, nice sandalwood with some spices & herbs hidden in their formula. Great stuff.
    Cyril R Slater Cream- put a order in recently after finishing my tub of TOBS sandalwood, Great cream at a great price. Some say it is more true sandalwood. Great stuff.
    Proraso Red Sandalwood soap- It is a Ok scent, nothing like some already mentioned. I really enjoy the Proraso red Sandalwood aftershave lotion. Good soap + great A.S.
    Ogallala Bayrum with Sandalwood soap- this is just a good Bayrum with some sandalwood as a secondary scent. Bayrum dominates but as it dries down the sandal wood gives a nice secondary note scent to a sweet clean scent IMO. Fun soap with some sandalwood.

6. brit

brit in a box

tfs crazy sandalwood
    cyril r salter sandalwood cream
    tobs sandalwood-cream
    fine santal absolut soap
    gf trumpers sandalwood cream
    proraso red cream or croap
    le pere lucien sandalwood /oud
    all have different scents and i enjoy them all in no particular order..:).i am sure there are many others..;)

7. Bflotom2

Bflotom2 Active Member

+1 for Salter. But my fav is Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood. I know is no longer available, but still my fav. I have about a little less than 1/4 of a tube of C&E. I use it each year along with my Gillette President on my birthday

brit and awk-m4 like this.
  8. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Earlier this year I purchased seven Captains Choice samplers. One of them was sandalwood and it reminded me of Proraso Red. It’s really nice.

paul D

Ksblazer, brit and Hammer8 like this.
  9. Hammer8

Hammer8 Well-Known Member

Captain’s Choice Sandalwood is what I would pick.

brit and awk-m4 like this.