Loose leaf tea meets traditional shaving

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Jake, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

My son owns and manages the the Samovar tea Lounge in San Francisco -- with an international mail order business for tea and tea ware. He encourages quality over quantity and his shop is part of the slow food movement.

He also blogs about his interests -- which include traditional shaving, and recently posted this new blog on his site that I thought you would find interesting. Comments on the blog site are encouraged. He already received one from our favorite video star -- Mantic!

Enjoy.

2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Good stuff. And I didn't know Achim actually worked for Gillette Germany. Learned something new!

3. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I wish I still lived in California, I'd make a trip to the store to check out those teas. I'm lucky Denver has a couple great tea shops, though the one that has teas that might compete with what your son sells is more out of the way. Thankfully the closer one has a couple wonderful Assam blacks that are IMHO a bargain.

Full leaf, organic teas are a wonderful experience I wish your son the best of luck with his shop.

4. tomnat

tomnat accepting applications

I drink tea everyday and live about 15 miles south of SF. I will have to get up there sometime soon and check it out. Thanks for the post!

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Never was really big on tea, hot or iced. Occasionally during the winter, but that's about it.

6. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Can't say that I've ever given hot tea a thought but his website looks great and I've bookmarked it to go over later. Iced sweet tea, now your talking my language. It's a Southern thang ya'll.