Lord Cool Stainless Blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dadvest, Dec 6, 2011.

1. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Has anyone ever heard or tried these? Pulled one out and loaded it in my Red Tip for a head shave today and found it to be really smooth! It has a red and yellow wrapper with a skier on the front. I did find that they are made in the same production facility as the Lord double edge blades on Wilkinson machinery. They seem rather cheap and did a fine, close job and nice for buffing out after the R41 in a few places. I think I'm going to get a few to trial out some more with.

2. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I have heard of them, but not tried them. I think they are on the lowest end of the Lord family of blades.

You cannot order from this site since it is no longer in business. Gary at Shoebox bought out his stock. However, you can judge the classes of Lord blades with this.

http://www.razorandbrush.com/barberiablade.html

3. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

4. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

I did see them at a couple of places and I think I will try more. I was just very surprised at the shave I got from it! I hate the term, but I had to check to see it the razor had a blade in it! I did not have any pull or tug as you may get from a blade that isn't all that sharp. And I did not have any razor burn on the very back, tender part of my neck. I want to try a shave in the R41 with it to see how that works out. I was wondering if anyone else here may have had that same experience with these blades. I have a pretty rugged, thick beard and am somewhat impressed with how this blade performed.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

Gio at Razor and Brush was the first vendor in the wetshaving community to import the Lords. I tried quite a few of the different Lord stainless with different wrappers and they seemed to me the same blade. I could not distinquish between Big Ben or Asco etc. I use the Lord Super Stainless and its a good everyday blade, its smooth and sharp just not quite Gillette Sharpedge 7'0 Clock sharp. These blades are usually 10 for $1 or $10 for 100. Though Lord blades are inexpensive they strik me as consistent and good blades, in fact they were counterfeited they had such a good reputation.

Mechguy likes this.