Lose weight and tone my arms/chest at the same time?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by venom0706, May 10, 2017.

1. venom0706

venom0706 Guest

I am 96 kg, 175 cm and after a check, found out that the fat in my body is around 30% and is spread mostly evenly. I also have a belly, though. My goal is in the next 5 months to lose a bit of that fat and tone my arms and chest at the same time. I am following Fat Meets Fire's beginner routine on YT:

PUSH:
    Flat BB/DB Bench: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Standing DB/BB OHP: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Incline DB/BB Bench: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Dips: 4 sets: 6-10 reps
    Chest Fly Machine: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Seated DB Side Raises: 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Super set: Rope Press Down / Face Pulls
    3 sets: 8-12 reps

PULL:
    Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns/Pull Ups: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Reverse Grip Lat Pulldowns: 3 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Standing Cable Straight Arm Lat Pullover: 3 sets: 8-10 reps.
    Seated Cable Row: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    DB 1 Arm Rows: 4 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Shrugs: 5 sets: 8-12 reps.
    Hammer Curls: 3 sets: 8-12 reps
    Supinated Curls/Curls: 3 sets: 8-12 reps

LEG Routine
    Squats: 5 sets: 6-10 reps
    Leg Extensions: 4 sets: 10-15 reps
    Hamstring Curls: 4 sets: 8-12 reps
    Leg press: 4 sets: 8-12 reps
    Walking Lunges: 3 sets: 20 steps
    Hyper extensions: 3 sets: 12 reps
    Standing Calve Raises: 3 sets: 8-12 reps
    Seated Calve Raises: 3 sets: 8-12 reps

My plan after each upper body/lower body workout day (possibly twice upper body/twice lower body a week), is to hit the treadmill and walk/run as much as I can (possibly on incline). Do you think it's possible to achieve my goal by following this? As I said, I only want to drop around 6-7 kg and make my arm and chest muscles a bit toned and visible/defined (as they are currently covered in a layer of fat). Particularly, I want to make the biceps and chest more shaped and visible, I don't want to seriously bulk up.

As for diet, I am trying to cut sugars as well as reducing the amount of bread and meat I intake. Will also eat an apple and a banana after each workout.

Any recommendations? Do you think I can tone my biceps and chest?

Thank you and appreciated!

DaltonGang likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My suggestion would be to add a cardio workout into your daily regime. Also, Not so many bananas. The carbs will make the fat harder to melt away. Look into speaking with a nutritionist, even if if sounds odd. A good Diet is a very big part of a healthy lifestyle and it helps with your workouts.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Good luck with your goals sir!

4. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

The banana after working out is a good idea. A banana contains medium and fast acting carbs that will help restore your glycogen levels following a workout. You need protein after a workout as well. I recommend you add 1 scoop of whey protein mixed in ice cold water and drink it with your banana. Apples are great for any other time of the day other than post workout. Apples contain very slow acting carbs and are loaded with fiber. I eat 3 to 4 apples everyday. I love them !!!