Lost my DE virginity in Florida

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by BIllyBowlegs, Jan 4, 2014.

1. BIllyBowlegs

BIllyBowlegs Well-Known Member

Well everyone, I became a man last night...so to speak. I left work, and mentally prepared for my first ever DE shave. I made sure to prep with a shower, hot towel, etc,. I used a bit of shave balm prior to applying some proraso soap. I chose to use a gillette 7oclock for my first blade in the Superspeed. After thoroughly applying the lather, I secured the blade and commenced. Overall the shave went well, I only did one WTG pass. I was pretty ginger on the blade angle and def didn't achieve BBS. I was completely ok with that, I did not want to get overzealous and have a bad experience. I got a few small nicks on my neck, nothing serious and similar to what I have received with cartridges. I am just working on my technique, but I think I will get comfortable with it in a short amount of time. Thanks for all the support and info.

Sir ShavesAlot, BigT, Ryan B and 5 others like this.
  2. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Good on you! Just take it slow and you'll be just fine! Congrats on your first DE shave. Now just take care you don't end up in an acquisition disorder or your wallet will end up in a hefty diet! :)

3. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

Congrats!

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Sounds like you are off to a good start. Take it slow & your technique will improve. As you go, you may want to try different brands of blades. When you do, keep notes of what worked well & what worked poorly for you.

5. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: you are now on your way to a life time of "GREAT" shaves as well as continuing a wonderful tradition that you will be able to pass on to your kids and others as well....:)

6. jpb437

jpb437 Active Member

Welcome to the den. Hope you like it here.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the den! I'm glad you used protection. I use a simple recipe I found here on the den. Happy shaving!

8. CyanideMetal

CyanideMetal Wild and crazy guy

I've lost several things in Florida but this is a shaving forum.

9. soapbuddy

soapbuddy Mistress of Lather

Good for you! You are off to a good start.

10. BigT

BigT Well-Known Member

Glad to hear your first shave went well. Welcome to the Den.