Lucky Tiger Shaving Products ---> Some Info

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by TraderJoe, May 30, 2007.

1. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

A while back I bought a few of the lucky tiger shaving products, and they have for the most part (with the exception of the menthol aftershave cream), been left untouched.

[​IMG]

I have been trying to figure out what to do with the lemon cleansing cream, and came across some interesting information at www.kingbarber.com. What struck me is the use of the "lemon cleanser" as a preshave (which actually makes sense), and the application and subsequent removal of the "menthol disappearing aftershave cream" with a hot towel:

<--------------------->

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]7 Steps to a Memorably Relaxing Shave at Home[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]1) Apply a very thin coat of Lucky Tiger lemon pre-shave cream. A little bit goes a long long way . . .[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]2) Run some hot water on a small towel, and apply to your face for 60 seconds. Repeat. You want the beard hot and wet.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]3) Apply a thin coat of Lucky Tiger shaving cream. Again, there's no need to over apply, as a little bit goes a long way.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]4) Shave with your favorite razor. Stroke with the grain on the first pass, stroke across the grain on the second.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]5) Apply some Lucky Tiger after shave cream.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]6) Run some more hot water on a small towel, and apply to your face.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1]7) Wipe the after shave cream off with the hot towel, and maybe splash on some ice water to close the skin pores, and you'll be ready to take on the world![/SIZE][/FONT]

<--------------------->

In any event, the lucky tiger products have always been rather mysterious to me....as there is very little, if anything, in the way of instructions on their retail webpage or product packaging....and attempts to contact them for help have been completely futile.

I have heard stories of barbers applying "lemon hot towel treatments" before and "mentholated hot towels" after the shave.....maybe I imagined this? :confused: :rofl

Regardless....Hopefully, this will provide some insight as to their intended use.

2. Will

Will Nevermind

JUST DO IT!

And report back! :D

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Go for it. Can't harm anything. The hot towel with menthol will cause a faster evaporation and penetration effect probably. I know that's good for muscle soreness but not why on a face?

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

Back in the day when I played a lot of golf there was this cooler at the starter shack and in the clubhouse that had towels in ice water. Either the water was mentholated or the towels had been treated with some sort of menthol. That was the best feeling in the world putting that cold towel with menthol to get you to cool off:D

so I say do it!!!!!

5. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

That would actually make sense with the Lucky Tiger products I've had experience with.

That would definitely explain why the consistency of the product is so much thicker than a traditional balm. Perhaps it's designed to be used like this. I'll also do some experimenting this weekend (using this thread for instructions) and report back!

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Let us know if you are "ready to take on the world" after following those directions, Joe! :p

7. TomH

TomH Welcome Wagon

I have both A/S-creams in use, they are really great, I find it much better than the Proraso pre/post cream, but hard to get...

It's now over a year ago that I've bought the A/S-creams, a lemon face cleanser and a bottle of the witch hazel astringent (never used ) directly from their shop. Cheap stuff, but the shipping and the customs > uh, much money...:mad: :mad: