Mühle R89 product improvement

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Eeyore, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

This might interest the R89 fans; Mühle apparently have changed the design of the razor head, according to information on a German shaving forum:

Bei den aus Zink bestehenden und verchromten Hobelgewinden kam es in letzter Zeit leider immer wieder zu Verschleißerscheinungen, die jedoch keinen Einfluss auf die Sicherheit sowie die optimalen Gebrauchseigenschaften des Rasierhobels haben. Inzwischen wurde dieser Mangel behoben. Wir arbeiten nur noch mit Messinggewinden, die höchste Stabilität und Langlebigkeit garantieren.
    Quick translation; because of complaints about quick wear on the Zamak screw threads, Mühle have decided to change the design. The screw is now made of brass, which is more stable and will last much longer.

I don't know when the design change was made, and whether all new razors in stock have the brass screw already. I also don't know if they made the change for all Zamak razors. But it's certainly admirable that they keep improving their products in this way.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
    AGHisBBS, TobyC, RyX and 2 others like this.
  2. HMan

HMan New Member

Now if the entire razor were made from brass.

TobyC likes this.
  3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Well, they fixed the weakest spot, in my opinion.

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

TobyC likes this.
  4. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

I’d be curious to know if they changed the whole cap or just the screw. If it’s just the screw, it may not fix the problem, just change its nature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TobyC likes this.
  5. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

Yes! And a nice grippy handle would be a much needed upgrade as well.

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The Rocca delivers both a durable head and a grippy handle, by the way ... if it was more widely available ;)

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.