Macho After Shave

Discussion in 'Aftershave Reviews' started by skyfox12, Jul 5, 2011.

1. skyfox12

skyfox12 Active Member

Smells a little like Brut. Feels very BRUTAL! Burns even more than Men's Choice Arctic Blue. Only rubbing alcohol or Everclear would be worse. Is the smell acceptable? I think so. Do I use it? Yes, because it's something that will wake me up when I need to wake up. Would not necessarily advise it to a novice. Used to the burn because when I was little and after my father left, he didn't care to take his green Skinbracer with him. Too young to shave at that time but would douse it all over my face after a hot shower. Think Macaulay Culkin in Home Alone. This is just like that except with the Brut knockoff smell. Dries your face like a prune. Since I shave only every other day perhaps it gives my face recuperating time. But I will say this, after a good solid shave, it will dry your face and make it feel virtually porcelain if not make it rosy red like Santa Claus. Just another bare bones crash box transmission aftershave. Oh yeah, the price is right because its from The Dollar Tree.

2. Pastor

Pastor New Member

I have found just the opposite concerning Macho. (might be because of my "old skin".) It does smell like Brut a little, I get no burn whatsoever, nothing but comfort. I like it because it is a nice finish to a shave, and it is not overpowering. Oh, yes, I forgot the most important part-IT IS CHEAP. lol
    Have a great whatever time it is when you read this.
    blessings

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Ditto that - I just bought my first bottle and got no burn at all. But get this: after about 5-10 minutes, my skin DOES feel warmer than before application. Good stuff, it's two steps removed from original Brut (DG's version is one step...making both it and Macho superior to Brut, imo). I'm gonna spike mine with some vetiver and perhaps a drop of glycerine. No need to menthol everything, though.

But then, these days almost any product has me at "Made in the U.S.A."

PS

I seriously doubt the company would make two formulations/strength levels for this stuff but I have smelled it before at $ Tree and was unimpressed at how weak it was and so never bought it.

But when I tried it at Big Lots yesterday, there was a noticeable difference. Could have just been the bottle I tried before was weaker than this one but it was worth the extra 50 cents I paid at Big Lots for it.