Made Up My Mind!!!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Racso_MS, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

OK!! I've been on a business trip since Sunday and won't return home until next Sunday. I brought a Gillette Blue Tip Super Speed (I don't know why) with which to shave. Made Up My Mind... Not only am I going to sell it, I'm going to sell everything except my German made razors and the ones I get a real good shave with (G-Bar etc.). Now this is not only in preparation for retirement, it's because I can't understand why I keep razors that don't shave worth a damn just because they are popular or look good...

I'm going to clean them up, make them shave ready and sell them at reasonable rates... I've given away several to newbies... and may just give some more of these away...

Cleaning house, so be prepared... I'm on the road a lot so it may be one razor here and one razor there... But gone they shall be... Me and Mr Merkur (all I have and all I can get, still need a Vision. Another member is sending me a Futur, God Bless Him) are going to be soul mates from now on... However, I'm still lookinjg for the razor my grandfather used so if you have a German made razor, I'll negotiate at that time since I have a butt load of them. I seem to get good results from them for some reason or another...

After all we are doing this to...

ENJOY OUR SHAVE... :D

2. Bronco

Bronco Mac Daddy

Good to see ya Oscar! Wondered where ya been.
    When it comes to razors - "Ours is not to reason why". :D

3. TOB9595

TOB9595 Member

Razors seem to multiply like rabbits.
    I have to get off my duff and clear some out. Most I'll never use. Oscar, you may have inspired me to gather the razors from the various drawers, boxes and bags.
    Happy Shaving to you.

4. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Oscar! Good to see you, man! Yeah, I might have to "simplify" soon, too. Once I find a combo I like, the other stuff just seems to hang there in the way.

5. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Aside from the straights, I'm an all Merkur shop myself. Stick with what works.

Besides... that'll leave you room to buy more brushes :rofl

6. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

well.....

We'll have to agree to disagree.
    Never met a Merkur I could git along with ;)
    But I will be watching the Rasco clearing house !!
    Have a safe trip home :D

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Good to hear from you Oscar!

Sounds like some nice stuff will be available soon :) I love my Merkurs, but have also been thinking of parting with some I never use...

Good plan ;)

8. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I've been doing the same lately with some creams and soaps - sold a few that were only lying around.

Great to hear from you Oskar and we're all awaiting your sale :D

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

First dibs on the Fatboys :)

10. TorzJohnson

TorzJohnson Member

Oooh, can I get first dibs on the razors that don't shave worth a damn? :D

11. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

Well, Oscar, I can certainly understand your love affair with the German made razors. I’m currently getting the best shaves of my life with the common three piece Merkur Classic. But, unlike you, I’ll be keeping my Gillettes. There was just to much work/time/money involved in acquiring my Toggle, the Presidents, Aristocrat, Milord, the Fat & Skinny Boys, the Super Speeds, New, and older than New razors. While I rarely use them, I do like to look at them and occasionally show them off.

Good luck with thinning out your herd.

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Oh yeah, that reminds me of a dialogue with a sweet gal lately. She takes my 1919 Gold Standard in her hands:

s= she / m= me ;)

s: that looks purdy, that's not gold?
    m: yeah, it's gold
    s: wow
    m: yeah, actually this razor is from 1919
    s: no way
    m: yeah, and it's a great shaver, too
    s: you can still shave with that thing?
    m: Yeah, sure - you either pay 15€ for 4 Fusion cartridges or get 100 DE-blades (and better shaves) for the same money

and so on ;)

beats a stamp-collection antime :rofl

13. TG_Charles

TG_Charles Member

s: Is it alright if I hold it?
    m: Sure, go ahead
    s: Wow! I didn't think one this small would work so well
    m: Yeah,that's my SuperSpeed. It may be old, but it still works like a champ
    s: Impressive

14. mastermute

mastermute FatBoy

:rofl

15. This is a tough crowd

Lee

16. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Twas funny :)

17. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I'm going through much the same process with shaving brushes (why keep those I never use?), shaving soaps and creams (just sent a box to a newbie in Australia), and so on---including books. Now every trip I make to the library to check out a book, I bring a box of my books to donate.

18. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Its wonderful that there are guys around who help noobs like myself find their perfect shave. If any of you happen to be cleaning up shop and looking to toss an ugly fatboy for 20$ send me a pm. I'm not looking for anything pretty, just one which you dont mind parting with for a college student noob to sample. ::kar

19. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Ive got an old german travel razor. It is full size when assembled, but dissasembles quite small. If you are interested shoot me a PM.
    I like gillette techs. I have not found a TTO that I liked, but if you have one that works for you I'd give it a try.

20. Racso_MS

Racso_MS Enjoy Your Shave

Been in and out of town for quite some time... You'd never know that I am about to retire from this position... Have a week in Knoxville, TN in March and a week in Colorado Springs, CO in April...

I have several Tech and TTO razors available... May be some time before I can get to them and shake the dust off... If you are still interested send me a PM and please be patient...

Regards...