Maggard MR8 SS 3 piece handle a real HD!!

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by 178-bplatoon, Sep 2, 2014.

1. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Hi all I just wanted to pass on that I ordered and received a Maggard MR8 SS 3 piece handle, they are being sold by Maggard as seconds(scratch/dented) for only $11.50 and are a realy good deal if like me you just have WAY to many shave heads that you never use, but continue to want other weights of BullDog type handles..
    I just wanted to pass on that these are very nice SS handles and certainly worth the price inorder to have a true heavy weight handle. At 150gr they 39gr heavier then my heaviest handle so far a Griestshaving "FAT" brass handle at 111gr. The only drawback to the MR8 handle which Maggard is very up front about is they won't fit some razor shave heads, naturally with my luck one of the shave heads it won't fit is the Gillette "NEW" OC there isn't enough space between the ridges along the bottom of the blade pan for the handle end to fit between them, they also won't fit an OldStyle OC correctly, however they was no problem with the modern "flat bottom" razors(Weber, Parker, EJ, Cadet) I tried the handle with. In fact tomorrow I'm going to give the handle a test run with a Cadet OC head.
    I just wanted to pass that on in case anyone has any interest in buying one of these handles..:)

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Do you have a pic of this awesome razor?

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. razrmnky

razrmnky Active Member

Intriguing. I like my Maggard MR1 so maybe I'll have to pick one up. Since I've already got a Maggard I am guessing the shave head compatibility won't be an issue.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I didn't get the whole razor (shave head and handle), I only bought a handle. If you go on the maggard site you can see the MR8 razor along with many other things the sell there..:)