Maggards Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Harold CY, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Harold CY

Harold CY Member

Has anyone had any experience with the new synthetic brushes that Maggards is offering?

Robyflexx likes this.
  2. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

Yes. They are wonderful brushes. You can get them from maggards on ebay for $14.99 free shipping and they also offer just the knots. 22mm&24mm $8.99&9.99

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I sometimes buy cheap China brushes and switch out the knots cost me under $15 and I wind up with a beautiful brush with a decent handle

4. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I have a Maggard synthetic knot that I'll be putting into a handle soon. Very soft, nice looking brush. I've heard good things about them.

Robyflexx and Harold CY like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I really like the Maggard synthetics. Very soft and just enough backbone for face lathering.

6. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Yes, very similar to the Plisson synthetic. Very soft tips.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Excellent. For $15 you are getting a deal.

Jim99 likes this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I've been using the Maggard's 24mm synthetic brush and find it to be excellent! You will have a choice of a few different handle, but that is mostly aesthetics and personal preferences. The brush has enough backbone to whip up a nice lather on soaps, yet it feels soft on the face. The brush will hold a significant amount of lather, so you don't need to whip up any more for that second pass. It can't be beat for $15.

9. White731

White731 Well-Known Member

I have the brown marbled handle 24mm one. Love it.

10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

11. TGatzaJr

TGatzaJr Member

Just curious how you guys face lather with a synthetic brush. I have been using a Maggard 22 ml knot for about a week now and wet the brush under running water, knock it out 6 or 7 times and then add about 3/4" ribbon of Arko Moist cream on the end and face lather. Wet my face and lather. Immediately water pours out of the thing all over me and the sink. Huge mess. After the first lather I have soap running down the handle making a mess. I've tried a couple of different things but so far I just can't seem to keep the water in the brush or the soap firmly on the bristles. Other than this, the brush itself builds a great lather and feels great.

12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I don't really face lather creams, but you could roughly smear that dollop of cream on your face, then get after working it up with the brush. Give the brush a little firmer shake or two. When you need more, dip just the tips in.