Maggard's slant.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Oct 12, 2016.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Today is the first day that Maggards have issued new postage rates and I have to say international shipping is the cheapest I have found for Cyprus.
    I couldn't pull the trigger fast enough on the slant and the AV3 aggressive heads.
    I wanted a couple of MR5 handles, but they are still out. Don't matter none, as the postage is so cheap I'll order them when they are back in stock.
    Prices are not bad either.
    Any reviews on the aggressive head anyone?

PanChango and Demidog like this.
  2. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I bought the slant head and used it for a blade rotation for about 10 days. The finish of the head is quite nice. It has a super smooth coating and I love the gun metal color. It shaves very closely. But, my technique is not advanced enough for this head. It's pretty aggressive for me and seems to require a lot of attention to angle and pressure. While I didn't cut myself, every blade that I tried, many of which are very comfortable in other razors, left me a bit red and scratchy. Especially, on my neck. But, you might find this to not be true for you. My experience is that this razor head shaves very, very closely and you might like it. It is a perfect match for the Maggard MR-14 handle, too.

3. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

The Maggard slant head is definitely a more (efficient) aggressive razor than the Ikon X3 I have been using for the last 3 months.
    I also have the Maggard and I find it more efficient. It might just take a little time for you to get the best results from it.
    Once you master the technique it's going to be a very satisfying shave. You might want to try the X3 head to get technique down before you put the Maggard into the rotation.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  4. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I agree, both the Icon X3 slant and Maggard Slant are nice razors. The Maggard Slant is much more mild than the MRG but can still bite if you are not careful. Still a very nice razor for the price and good quality as well.