Make a Clubman Balm?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by JimPo42, May 18, 2012.

1. JimPo42

JimPo42 Purported Hand-Shaver

I'm just curious how feasible it would be to dump some Clubman into an lightly/unscented balm? Would it still work as a balm or would it just be a slightly thicker splash? Would the scent stay in the balm? I love my Clubman but sometimes I really want/need a balm, like after an especially rough shave or often in the winter time. I was thinking of some Nivea sensitive or maybe another unscented like TSD sensitive. If anyone has any feedback or prior experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

2. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! Give it a try! Some of the pleasure is experimenting and finding something that works for you. Best of luck! Always, Gene

GDCarrington likes this.
  3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I do this with my polar ice, proasso green , most after shaves with scent and balms some scented some not all the time.
    helps to mix in a seperates container a little at a time so you dont completly loose the consistancy of any said balm.
    I also have an old prorasso bollte i have turned into a frankenbalm bottle that gets the last little bits of the ones that I really like.
    And some extra prorasso pre/post cream to thicken it back up lol

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

I have done this with balms that are about 50% empty. I add a favorite barber style AS, and the varying mix works well for me. I have done this with balms from Polo, Nivea, and Afta. I have found this diluted mix is actually my favorite way to use a balm.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:signs011:

6. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

I like to splash on the clubman then clean up the sink and put everything away and then I put on a balm. Have never tried mixing them but might have to try that sometime in the near future.