Making A Commitment

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Gillette_Man, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

I may not show any fidelity with razors or shaving brushes, but I have completely sold out to Derby blades as my "one and only". After trying about 8 - 10 different blades in the initial stages of my wet shaving career, I had settled on Derby and Feather, but, alas, as much as I wanted to like the Feathers, they just weren't working for me. So, I sold the 245 I had left, and I ordered another 500 Derbys to bring my grand total to about 1100 -- which means I should be good until 2029. :happy102

2. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

Haven't you heard? The world ends in 2012 :D

3. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Nope. I either threw my few packs of derbys in the garbage or sent them out with some noob kits. I'm not much for commitments.

4. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Thanks for the warning -- I will start changing blades more often than once a week! ;)

Why doesn't this surprise me? :think002

5. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Because it takes a real blade to cut these wire whiskers. Thats how I claim my woman at parties. The one with scratches all over her face and red around the mouth? Yeah, thats mine. Curtusy of the 5 o' clock shadow.

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I think the world of the Derbys now, in fact, they are among my favorite blades.

7. apswartz

apswartz New Member

So far its Gillettes for me: 7 o'clocks first, then Swedes.

8. Padron

Padron Active Member

Nice Rick,

So far Derbys and Feathers were my favorites....I am really liking the Red Personas though......

and I picked up a few others to try out :)

I can't believe you have 1100 Derbys baldes in stock :D Well done :cool:

9. spinyeel

spinyeel Member

I love the Russian 7 O'Clock's in my d/e razors,but the blade that has surprised me is the Gem Personna stainless s/e. These things turn a cheap Gem or Ever Ready into a superb shaver.I've found that after a year of traditional wet shaving that the s/e razors shave as close as a d/e with a lot less irritation.ymmv.:D