Mall Teen Gunman Calmly Opened Fire

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Mama Bear, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

http://www.nbc5.com/news/10994087/d...l=chi_12pm&tmi=chi_12pm_1_12150402132007&ts=H

SALT LAKE CITY -- A trench coat-clad teenager who opened fire on shoppers at a mall had one thing in mind: "to kill a large number of people," and he likely would have killed more than the five victims who died had an off-duty officer not confronted him, the police chief said Tuesday.

Why do these things happen.. this was an 18 year old kid with no emotion whatsoever... how can we stop things like this from happening in the future?

2. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Get the kids reconnected with family and society and get them off the television, cell phones, computers and video games. Have the families slow down and spend more time actually doing things together as a family instead of spread out all over the house doing their own things.

3. ada8356

ada8356 Member

Outlaw guns?

(ducks and runs)

;) :D :signs094

I keed, I keed...:D

4. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

Its a mad..mad..mad World...............

makes no sense what so ever... good thing the policeman was there off duty !
    and having his gun with him ??????????

That something of a problem typical to USA everyone has guns. or could easily get one from the black market ?

Here its illegal only cops have guns and military.

I had an Uzi in Bosnie , when going on Convoys but thats a whole other situation and im GLAD I never had to use it !

Just sad about all the people (who had plans for Valentine probably...)

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

Yes, there are a lot of guns available in the USA and more and more gun control laws are going on the books each day. The easiest way to get a gun is break into a house and steal the unprotected, unlocked and loaded guns that you find. We're our own worst enemies as far as supplying guns to criminals and insane people. Chances are the kid got the gun from his own or relatives home.

6. Zachster

Zachster Member

Well, it's either that, or ban those damned trench coats! Ever since the Columbine incident, it seems that every problem teen in America has a trench coat and a gun (or two) to conceal in it. We need to come down hard on Burberry, London Fog, and the rest of those merchants of death!

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Yeah, if you check a lot of the places that have strict gun control laws, they are some of the deadliest. (Can anybody actually say D.C. is safer with MORE gun laws on the books?)

But guns, knives, whatever, it is true that we have a culture that does not value life. In fact, if you look at our popular culture, media, etc. they seem to be obsessed with death. (Anna Nicole Smith video, anyone??)

8. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I agree completely but am sure it is easier said than done.. these types of things seem to be happening more and more often. To be honest, when I heard this on the news this morning, I thought they were talking about something that had happened in the past..