Mama Bears Rose scents

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Padron, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Padron

Padron Active Member

Hi,

Can you all help recommend some of the Mama Bears Rose scents to me, a description may help as well. I am on this Rose kick for some reason and my wife seems to like the scents soo, I continue the AD. :D

Thanks

2. Padron

Padron Active Member

no ones using the Rose :confused: :(

3. Will

Will Nevermind

Rosewood!

Sorry for the delay.

I have a sample and it sure smells Rosy. That and its EO as apposed to FO

4. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks Doc!, I will have to try it, I need to spend some time at Mamas Site so I can remember all the different varieties I know she has some new ones too...

5. xChris

xChris Member

I liked the Somali Rose, and thought it was a good match with Czech & Speake #88. Unfortunately, it burned me, so I can't use it. However, my wife has it for herself now. :D

6. Edcculus

Edcculus Resident Bay Rummy

Fleur De Soul is a nice peppery rose scent.

7. Padron

Padron Active Member

Thanks for the description guys ;) , I may have to buy them all :D
    The Somali Rose sounds good, as I have some C&S #88 on order.

8. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

I have one puck of somali rose left... and when it is gone, I am discontinuing it... it will probably be replaced with attar of roses..

9. Clark Kent

Clark Kent New Member

Why are you discontinuing it?

What's the Attar of Roses going to be like?

10. Mama Bear

Mama Bear New Member

the somali rose is lovely... but it has a powery finish that I believe many of the gentlemen object to. The attar of roses... is just that .... an attar of roses... nothing else. I believe that I have a couple of roses that are different... sandalwood/rose chypre/rose etc... and I am hoping for just a straight honest rose scent with this...

Maybe 1 out of 10 of the fragrances I have will make to a shaving soap... and even then, it might still not make the grade. but my hopes are up and the folks are behind me and the noses are willing. Scent is so indubitably part of our lives whether we can use it in a shaving medium or not. I would hate to only offer shaving soaps that Everyone could use.... without a problem... this is a woman who is going for the gusto and I hope that you can come along with me.

Bear in mind.. if some of the scents I offer are too much, there are basics..... and basics are not always something that grandpa went with... they are tried and true... give the lime, rosemary mint, lavender, rosemary lime.... or the bay and tangerine (Marauders Citrus..) a shot... and there are many more natural blends in the works.......