March 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Feb 28, 2017.

?

Rule or Focus this month?

1. Rule! It's all about solid technique!

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Focus on soaps/creams

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. Focus on blades

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  4. Focus on a razor or razors

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
  5. Focus on brushes

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  6. Cleaning house baby - stuff's gonna PIF!

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Shenanigans

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
  8. Focus? On cookies!

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I bought them new on e-bay. The seller had all three separately listed. Since the markings on the scales are all exactly the same, I knew they must be adopted as a set. Only two boxes, though. I'll eventually find another box.

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I follow that seller. He has some very nice razors for sale. I have several in my watchlist, but I have to WHOAA! put the breaks on for a little bit here. I already gotten myself a little too caught up it this straight business.

mrchick, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was looking at a couple of his frameback japanese razors today. Hey - are you saying that just because I have 18 straights, approximately 1 for every 2 days I have used a straight, that I somehow have a problem? No wife, therefore, no problem. ;)

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

No, I don't have a wife problem either, it is just that I try to keep it at a point where if I buy something I sell something. Or it has to be a well thought out purchase. I am well in the black on net items for the year, but between razors, some rocks and strops I owe myself some money. Or need to slow down for a while.

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Andrew,
    My last 2 shaves have been shaving exactly that. I floated the razor over my face and was rewarded with no irritation. So use to having some pressure with electrics and cartridges that it is a hard habit to break. Also, what is light to one is heavy to another. Now I am more familiar with razor light. I think the blade plays into this as well. It is harder, to me, to be light when a blade is so smooth that you can barely feel it. Maybe the extra drag the Astra SS actually hep me to be lighter

mrchick, Linuxguile, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Very good! Learning what no pressure actually was, along with riding the cap, has enabeled me to have a near flawless shave with any razor I happen to pick up.