Maseto 2 band vs silvertip

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Dansco, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Hi,

Pretty much set on getting a Maseto 30mm brush. Maybe ivory, maybe butterscotch. Maybe the blue one.

I've read quite a few threads and I'm struggling to decide between the 2 band and the silvertip. Lots of conflicting advice.

Any help would be welcome. I already have an omega boar and JR168 from Jayaruh. I like the backbone of the boar and i also like the softness of the tuxedo synth. I've never owned a silvertip or a chubby style brush.

Thanks in advance :eatdrink047:

oscar11 and Linuxguile like this.
  2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Two band will definitely have more backbone but is still much softer and more plush than a boar. The silvertip will be even softer but lack the backbone of the two band. If you are trying to get good backbone while still giving a soft feel I'd definitely recommend the two band as the "best of both worlds". I have a Maseto two band in a 26 and really like it. If backbone is less important to you, and you want a super soft feel much closer to the tuxedo synth, then the silvertip is the way to go. Honestly, I don't think you'd be disappointed in either, as both are good knots. If you are like me, you'll eventually want both just to mix it up a bit.

MR41, Linuxguile and Dansco like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I have several boars that have broken in nicely.
    Honestly, I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference from one of my boars and my silvertip in a blind lather test.

Linuxguile and Dansco like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I have the MS 30mm Finest Fan, it has very soft tips and no scritch. The knot is very dense and has a lot of backbone, but not so much that it won't splay for a good face lather. Also the badger funk was almost non existent when I got it.

Dansco likes this.
  5. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

The Maseto brushes I have in my den and I LOVE IT these are fantastic for face or bowl lather of your choice.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bobcat and Dansco like this.
  6. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I just bought a Maseto finest 2 band: the Memphis ( long handle). I’m very excited!

Dansco and Enrico like this.
  7. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Ok! Thanks for your input gentlemen.

One more thing then... what colour? I'm struggling. I thought I'd narrowed it down to ivory/butterscotch but since the butterscotch is really more yellow and the ivory is out of stock, im seriously considering the bluey purple one too!!

Too much choice :D

8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Buy ALL of them ;)

9. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

:happy097:
    I CAN'T do that... can I? Muahahaa :lyrtuy5: