Massdrop; Oristo Razor

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Queen of Blades, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Available on Massdrop for 109.99 (possible drop to 99.99)

Oristo Razor

RaZorBurn123 and Demidog like this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Nope. But there are some threads on the forum.

4. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

Thanks Joanna you beat me to it. I was going to post this deal. Seems like a wonderful, smooth and mild razor. Gets really good reviews.

5. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have an Oristo, fantastic razor. It's the same thing as the RazoRock Black Mamba.
    Btw $109 is a great price.
    Edit: Oristo and RR Black Mamba are made by the same machine shop.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Demidog likes this.
  6. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Member

It's now $99.99

Demidog and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  7. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Their website is showing a new model in development. It looks like the same head with a different handle and finish.

Demidog likes this.
  8. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I'll pass, the original mamba is coming out very soon, 316L SS, adjustable handle and price tag is sweet at $60

9. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Italian Barber shows the orginal Black Mamba at $120. They are cutting the price in half?

10. RockyNomad

RockyNomad Member

I know they have the mamba with the redesigned head but I haven't heard anything about the original being rereleased.

11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

Looks like it, it seems that Joe have found a good and capable machinist and probably he overflows him with jobs so its possible that way he gets better quotes from the machinist. Now how does it shave vs the old Mamba I have no clue nor I have the old Mamba. From what he says and I can tell the head is slimmer, the handle looks decent, he says the geometry is changed a bit for the better. The latter is yet to be confirmed and people that own the old Mamba will for sure give their opinion when they shave with the new Mamba.

12. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I'm in for the polished (Sheen) version.

13. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I ended up at $94.99. Some sort of $5.00 bonus gift that may have actually come from Paypal.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
  14. RaZorBurn123

I think $60 is wishful thinking, I'm going to bet $100 is more likely. I could be wrong..

15. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

you are wrong it will be $60, Joe told me that via email. also don't forget the new Oristo is around $60 also on the KS

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

Let's wait and see. $60 would be great on my wallet.

17. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

If you want I can send you the email reply from Joe, now he might change his mind but I honestly doubt that. I remember him saying the titanium BBS takes almost 3 times longer than machining any SS razor in his line up except for the Wunderbar and the Ti Mamba costs $99... Here is the link of the new Oristo, you can tell the battle for the CNC razors has begun lol https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-safety-razor-with-interchange?ref=nav_search

18. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

That new cheaper Oristo doesn't make me regret getting the original. Had I paid the S&R price and not the Massdrop price I may feel differently, but I probably wouldn't have gotten one at all at $150, and I probably wouldn't have paid $130 for a Mamba either. As it stands, for $95 I am looking forward to trying the Oristo. It and the BM have a reputation as mild but efficient shavers. None of my current razors has ever been called mild.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  19. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Joe from Razorock/Italian Barber scolded me on another forum for saying that I had read that somewhere (here). He says they are definitely not made by the same machine shop. According to the box that my Oristo came in, the company responsible for that razor, Stashed and Found, is a machine shop.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It's closed. Too late for me to pass.