Master soap creations- citrus melody review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by matthewoli98, Mar 25, 2021.

1. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of menthol soaps, so when I heard that there's a new local menthol soap out in the wild, I had to give it a try!

The fact that it was a citrusy scented soap was just the cherry on top, I've been after a good citrusy menthol soap for quite some time.

I was absolutely blown away by the performance of this soap, the slickness is absolutely top notch, and the lather is thick and creamy, everything I expect in a good tallow soap performance wise.

I find myself reaching for tallow soaps more and more these days, I just find that they tend to have a bit of and edge performance wise.

I'd rate the slickness at a 9/10, definitely up there with the top international artisan soaps.

The scent on this soap I'd describe as being a very natural lemon/ lime, with a hint of mint which i assume might be the menthol coming through.

The lathering is absolutely fantastic, it's a very forgiving soap, and likes plenty of water, so as long as your brush isnt too wet you shouldn't have a problem with accidentally using too much water.

The lather is both thick and creamy, providing plenty of protection when using aggressive razors. The after shave skin care is fantastic too, an area I find tallow soaps shine above the rest.

The menthol is a solid 7-8 out of 10. Not quite glacial, but very cold indeed. I'd rate it somewhere between a standard menthol soap and a glacial soap, so it shouldn't be too cold for a beginner.

All in all, I'm absolutely blown away by the performance of this soap. Over the last month or so I've reached for this soap more often than not, and I'd definitely say it's in my top 3 soaps.

I think its absolutely fantastic that the wet shaving Industry in South Africa is growing from strength to strength, and I'm really excited to see what new soaps pop up next.

These soaps are available from several shaving suppliers in South Africa, and currently they can be had overseas although shipping from South Africa is quite pricey. But if you want an absolute top notch shave soap at a great price, I'd definitely recommend it for sure.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk