Matching shaving soap/cream and aftershave

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Leisureguy, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Leisureguy

Leisureguy Read My Blog

I have to admit that I enjoy matching the shaving soap or cream and the aftershave. Does anyone else do this? Examples:

D.R. Harris Marlborough soap and aftershave
    Honeybee Spa Fresh Lemon soap and Thayers Lemon Astringent
    Mama Bear Vanilla Cream soap and Coty Vanilla aftershave
    and, this morning:
    Honeybee Spa Lilac soap and Booster Lilac aftershave.

Very pleasant.

2. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I must admit that this is one of the joys of wet shaving being able to match the razor to the soap to the after shave in any of hundreds of different combinations. This is not something that cartridge shavers have the option of doing. For them its one razor and one cream no choices anywhere. I also need to admit that I have fallen for my gillette super speeds I have a 70s for myself and a 50s for my pop and a 50s on order. So many combinations one can't wait to get up in the morning and try the new combination. Always something to look foward to. Once I can get my super speed collection together I am going to start rotating among them. Man these super speeds are great things.

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I find myself matching up same creams to aftershaves on occasion. Sometimes a bath soap too.

Musgo Real
    Proraso
    De Vergulde Hand
    Mama Bear, The Gentlemen's Quarter and Saint Charles Shave

Either that I will go with a scent match.
    Bay Rum
    Citrus
    Sandalwood and so on.

4. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

not a lot of matching gear but.....

I do try to layer / match scents.
    Bay Rums are my fave.
    Earthy, woody scents...vetivers, patchouli, musks
    You know.
    Stuff like that :D

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Things I usually match up..........

Bay Rum w/ Bay Rum -> Thats an easy one.........also mix lime stuff with bay rum combos

Williams Mug Soap + Aqua Velva Ice Blue

De Vergulde Hand Soap + De Vergulde Hand Aftershave Spray (a very high quality aftershaving application), Aqua Velva Ice Blue, Swiss Pitralon, Any Floid

Erasmic Shave Cream + Brut Aftershave Splash

Mitchell's Woolfat + Aqua Velva, Any Floid, De Vergulde Hand Spray, Swiss Pitralon

D.R. Harris Almond Soap + Aramis Aftershave Splash, Italian Floid

Wars Shave Cream + Aramis Aftershave Splash, Any Floid

Valobra Menthol Soap + Lustray Menthol Splash, Italian Floid

Palmolive Shave Stick + Clubman, Master Lord & Master, Provence Sante Green Tea Splash

LEA Shave Stick or La Toja Shave Stick + Williams Aqua Velva (Spain version or Italy version)

Arko Shave Stick + Clubman

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Cartridge shavers can and do use brushes and good creams or soaps. I don't think the razor limits your scent choices. Granted most cartridge shavers are not aware of the fine products we use.

7. Will

Will Nevermind

8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Joe's right on the money--Erasmic shaving cream and Brut go together super. I also like Erasmic cream, or soap with Yves Saint-Laurent Pour Homme edt, or De Vergulde Hand shaving soap with Givenchy Gentleman edt. Here's another great combo--La Toja shaving soap with Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme edt. A winning mix!