Me new stuff

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by desmoface, Aug 29, 2007.

1. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey gang, upon coming home from work today I was greeted with a package filled with shaving booty from QED...I can hardly wait to shave tomorrow morning..unfortunately, my blade sampler pack from west coast shaving hasn't arrived yet..so, looks I'll be using my Gillette fusion :rolleyes: But, can't wait to try me bloody taylor rose cream :D
    [​IMG]

Steve

2. Will

Will Nevermind

NICE! :cool:

3. msandoval858

msandoval858 Active Member

Nice score! That is a great razor you have there. Still one of my favs.

4. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey gang, thanks for the replies..Can't wait for my first de shave.

Steve

5. Will

Will Nevermind

Have you done your homework first? :p

If not, you should, don't ever hesitate to ask any questions. Even dumb ones. ::

6. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi Mottern, you know, I've been reading everything I can find, and watching Mantic's video's on you tube...I guess the big thing is not putting any pressure on the razor, and keeping the angle at 30-45 degrees..I'm sure it's gonna take a bit of practice for me to perfect my technique, but I'm always open to advice..

I'm going to start with the Derby blades, probably, or possibly the Merkur's..Thanks again.

Steve

7. Will

Will Nevermind

I would go with the Merkur, or Crystals, very forgiving.

Sounds like you are on the right track.

8. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Nice Haul, Steve!

And a nice pic too, I might add.

What photo. equipment are You using? ;)

9. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey now!! Alrighty then, the Merkurs will be used for me first de shave, then..thanks for the advice, Mottern.

Heya Trader..It's a Canon eos 10d...I just wish I was half as good a photographer as the Canon is a camera. Did I say that right?? Well, you get the picture
    [​IMG]

Steve

10. Padron

Padron Active Member

Excellent Steve :cool:, Congrats!!

Great razor and cream combo...Rose :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool Nice camera too :drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

:rofl Yeah, I hear ya. I have some Nikon DSLR stuff myself, and still trying to "grow into" it, if you know what I mean ;)

12. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Thanks Padron, can't wait to try the combo out. I was tempted to also pick up some Trumpers Violet shave cream..But I figure I better use what I have, first LOL..

Steve

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

Trumpers Violet :drool:drool:drool, I forgot how much I like that :D it looks like you have plenty O' room for lot's of shave gear. :D

14. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Oh yeah, well, you could do a lot worse than Nikon..They make very nice equipment that tends to take on legendary status. They all take outstanding pictures...I think with any of the big names, especially Nikon & Canon, the quality of the pictures all comes down to the skill of the photographer, or in my case, the lack thereof LOL.

Steve

15. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Don't sell yourself short, bud ;) Your pics are great.

I'd like to see your pics in the "shower or shave" threads ::

16. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

You know, I'm so new to the fourm, I have yet to even look at that section, I'll have to scope it out..Thanks again.

Steve

17. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Greetings, Steve
    Welcome aboard. :cool:

18. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Team Player

Hello and Welcome to your new life..

That is both a Superior Shaver and a Top-notch cream you got there.. I tend to return to my trusty HD over and over..

About blade choice i must say I rather use a Derby than a Merkur blade.. The Derby seems to me less harsh..

What kind of brush are you gonna use..

19. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey gang, thanks for the warm welcome. I used the C&E best badger brush this morning..I think I added too much water to the TOBS though. I'm still trying to get this entire process down. Still, not a bad shave..

Steve

20. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Please post reviews so that we all know what the quality is like.