Mem Olive shaving cream

Discussion in 'Shaving Cream Reviews' started by crackstar, Aug 8, 2007.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Another shaving cream from Israel that I remember from my youth when I lived there. Mem Olive is used in many Israeli barbershops, and is really very popular. It comes in a large 150 ml tube, it lathers very, very well, and contains olive oil, which is good for a sensitive skin. I still remember being at my grandparents' house in Haifa when I was a little kid, and I remember Saba (grandfather in Hebrew) brushing the stuff onto his face and shaving with his Gillette adjustable, which I now keep as a precious souvenir of him. This cream has a beautiful clean, old school scent, and is also very reasonably priced. I'll definitely buy it again the next time I go to Israel for a visit.

GeneRector likes this.
  2. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

Very good stuff!

I was turned onto this cream by a fellow member giving me a sample a while ago. Such an odd name but such a good cream! It is rather difficult to get being that it is mostly sold in its home country of Israel but still accessible through a very nice Israel-American etailer. The cream is olive oil based which every one knows is very moisturizing. This cream is known to be for people with sensitive skin and I am one of them. This is very mild and a has a clean-fresh scent. 0 irritation at all and honestly no need for an AS lotion or balm. The color is odd because it is a deep green and even the lather has a tint of green in it but trust me! This stuff is good! The holy grail of creams? No. But will be a part of my rotation for a while. Price wise I think its a bargain. I did a mini group buy and it wound up being around $13 a tube for each person. That included shipping to me and shipping to them. So not a bad deal to say the least. Packaging is old school metal tube and a screw on top which leaks and oozes but who cares? Its shaving cream for gods sake! This is one of those creams that isnt talked about alot because it isnt easy to obtain but really a treat to have! I dont plan on running out but if I do.....I will be back for more!
    DSC00769.jpg

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00771.jpg
    Look at that lather! The inverted swoop is the sign of a good lather!

3. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

MEM Shave Cream

My only complaint is that this is not more readily available. I was given a generous sample and WOWWW! The lather just doesn't quit! Pleasantly scented and good performance.

4. crackstar

I was using this cream when I went into the IDF in the year 1972, and until I left the country in 1989. I love it so much--it's great stuff! :)

5. freddy88

freddy88 Member

MEM is great stuff

I saw this cream mentioned somewhere and thought I'd see if I could find it. I finally found someone in Israel who sells it through e-Bay. I like everything about this cream and the people I've sent samples to all enjoy it as well.

MEM lathers up quickly to a rich creamy texture. The lifespan of the lather easily goes to three passes plus touch-up for me. Moisturizing properties are excellent and my face does not feel dry when I'm done shaving. The lubrication is great as my razor just glides over my face offering great protection. I find the scent subtle and truly enjoy it. The price is very reasonable but the shipping brings the cost up. However, it's still less expensive than a lot of other creams out there that aren't any better. I not only would by MEM again, I have. :D

6. Riddick

Riddick New Member

Where does one buy some?

TIA.

7. crackstar

In Israel.

8. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

9. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

It is a good cream. It starts and stays green! Nice scent too.

10. GeneRector

GeneRector Active Member

:) Howdy! I will try and get some. Sounds like a great cream! Always, Gene

11. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Howdy, so is the olive or non-olive the version to go for?

12. KLF

KLF Doctorin

I'd say olive

13. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I have to pipe in here and say I have been very impressed with the Mem Olive cream. It is probably my favorite cream to use.
    For the money, it is an outstanding value. Slick, lubricating, and conditioning lather that leaves my face feeling soothed and not dried out post-shave. Ordered from ebay.
    :happy088:

[​IMG]