Members Pet Gallery

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by mastermute, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's been a joy to have my brother-in-law's cat for the winter months. Actually it's a benefit for the cat and for me. The cat gets to be in a nice warm place, and I get much needed therapy following the loss of my Mom. But my landlord said, "This winter only". I don't know the technique of pictures, but she IS here.

PanChango and wristwatchb like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

This is Huck, my hopefully final dog for a long time. I'm told he's a Plott Hound, the N.C. state dog. Still a big pup but a good boy.

0416181747a.jpg

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Great looking dog ... good thing he's tethered, he looks vicious! :shocked003:

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

He can be.

Enrico likes this.
  5. Paul Turner

And now she's back at my sister's. She served her purpose here :).

6. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

Good looking dog! Plott’s are great hunting dogs, and can be a great dog in/around the home. They are loyal and can be very protective.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, he's fast becoming a really good house dog. Brings me a tennis ball or baseball in the evening so I can throw it for him. Always wants to take off after the outside cats but is learning to restrain himself. He's had free run of the house for 2 weeks now (no more cage) and hasn't caused a bit of trouble. House was broke into while we were at work a few years ago...with him standing up almost 5' high and barking froth on the door window, they'll think twice.

BigMark83 and Brickman301 like this.
  8. Brickman301

That’s awesome. I don’t have a Plott hound but have hunted with them, great dogs. I have a mountain cur. They were the breed the American Pioneers used. They used them as an all around dog, from hunting, herding, and protection. Nowadays, they are mostly used as squirrel dogs. I don’t use mine for squirrel hunting, although I’d like to. She’s a great dog.
    I’ll post some pictures of her on here soon.

gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Please do, I've seen something recently about (I think it's called) the American Cur? Kind of a general all purpose dog? Same as yours?

10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

When Phoebe gets annoyed......

[​IMG]

11. Brickman301

Ok, here’s the pictures I promised. Her name is Samantha, but we call her Sam. The picture is from earlier today, I took her to my father in laws hunting cabin.
    To answer your question, I believe they do call them AMERICAN cur’s. There are a lot of different types of AMERICAN cur’s. Mine is a mountain cur, there are black mouth’s, and few others.[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Paul Turner

nice-lookin' lady

13. Brickman301

Thanks. It’s hard to get a picture of her, when she’s outside, as she’s aways on the go. Luckily she’s a couch potato, when she’s inside.

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Here's your photo challenge-unless you've succeeded with this already-get a clear shot of her barking angrily. My dad was able to do it on our Golden Retriever-can't send a pic of it because this was years ago, before we knew what the internet was. But Dad got him good!!!

15. Brickman301

Challenge accepted! Lol. I’ll try, but it might not happen.
    Honestly she doesn’t bark much,unless she hears a noise while we are sleeping. She doesn’t even bark at the mailman or when someone’s at the door. It’s odd, every other dog I’ve been around goes crazy when they here the doorbell, but not her. She sleeps in my sons bedroom and the only time I’ve seen here bark angrily, is when I woke up in the middle of the night and opened the door to check on them. She’s super protective of my son. My wife thought it was funny, until about 2 weeks later the dog acted the same way with her in the middle of the night. Both times once she realized it was us, she stopped acting aggressive, and her tail began to wagg, happy to see us.

Paul Turner likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

My sister's cat(not the one I had for the winter months here)is on her way out of life....some type of cancer. I did have that cat as one of two that she loaned me for brief periods of time, in my current apartment and the one just before here. Will update.

17. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

This is Osita. About two years old in this picture I think. The novelty of snow has worn off some since then, but she used to live for it.

IMG_20140214_180312.jpg

18. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Ms. Spike turned 17 today. We celebrated with a quick bike ride before the temps started to climb too much. It was already 80F/26c before 7am.

spike17.jpg

19. ken brooks

ken brooks Member

Did you say Squirrel?
    upload_2018-7-20_10-32-12.jpeg

20. Robstreperous

Robstreperous Well-Known Member

Ivy. 6 Months old.

[​IMG]