Men (and Women) of the Brush - I need your help.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by seamus402, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Amyn

Amyn Guest

How about a Simpson Chubby Best. They do a super job with soaps.

2. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Well, Jim, your birthday has come and gone. What did you wind up with? See avatar and below - BK and BLK4 - for my vote (a shocker, ain't it??!) :D

Attached Files:

3. seamus402

seamus402 You don't mess with Big Slim

The Fabulous Rooney Super 1. Mr Scrubby is in the house! Great backbone, with soft tips. No flop here.

Attached Files:

4. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Beautiful Brush. Congrats on the acquisition.

5. Padron

Padron Active Member

Congrats on an Excellent purchase, glad your liking it :cool:

6. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Nice looking Rooney!

7. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 Member

Ya did well. Beautiful brush. Happy Birthday.
    I have always liked the looks of Rooneys, but at this point I doubt I will purchase one. Too many brushes in the house now between two Shavemacs, two Plissons, one Vilfix, and the B&B limited edition. Plus one no name badger I keep at the hunting lease.

8. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Nice choice. The force is strong with these Rooney brushes :signs107

Steve

9. mrcleanhead

mrcleanhead Member

Happy Birthday and congrats on the Rooney! Guess I didn't need to add my 2 cents because that's what I was going to suggest! Just to help you with any second thoughts on whether you picked the right brush...I got my Rooney Style 1 Size 1 (small) in Super from Jim at Vintage Blades. Jim was dead on comparing and contrasting between the Shavemac 944 in Pure and the Rooney. And to make sure I felt good about my choice he sent me the Shavemac 944 with my Rooney for comparison. (Btw he also paid for the Shavemac's return shipping. Now that's customer service!!!) The Rooney won for what I need, a dedicated soap brush. Very sharp looking brush I must say. Yes it's more money (about $20) but it's denser and the tips don't compare. Soft compared to very scritchy. Also the density, shape and length of the hairs make the Rooney stiffer at the end. The Shavemac gives quite a bit. Do not take this comparison as a knock against Shavemac.

John

10. barbarosa

barbarosa New Member

+1